ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Continuation & Resetting the clock

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

ILR Continuation & Resetting the clock

Post by AndyGandhi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:13 pm

Hi Boarders,

I was granted ILR in 2012 start & after couple of months I had went to native country for some personal reasons. As per the rule, continuous 2 yrs. stay outside UK will make me lose my ILR, which I do not wish to happen. I can not travel to UK for another couple of months. I have below queries:
1) If I enter UK after 1.5 yrs., would I be interviewed by ECO? If yes, what type of questions are asked.
2) Is it also queried, whether one will look for work etc or how one will meet out the regular expenses.
3) I know, guidelines say, one has to confirm that he/she is returning for settlement. What this settlement means? Is there any paperwork which need to be signed at Airport during Entry Clearance?
4) After entry in UK, stay of how long period will reset the clock?

If above questions have been asked earlier, appreciate, if I can be guided to the thread.
Above queries, are important to me, so appreciate the replies.
cheers

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Continuation & Resetting the clock

Post by AndyGandhi » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:46 am

AndyGandhi wrote:Hi Boarders,

I was granted ILR in 2012 start & after couple of months I had went to native country for some personal reasons. As per the rule, continuous 2 yrs. stay outside UK will make me lose my ILR, which I do not wish to happen. I can not travel to UK for another couple of months. I have below queries:
1) If I enter UK after 1.5 yrs., would I be interviewed by ECO? If yes, what type of questions are asked.
2) Is it also queried, whether one will look for work etc or how one will meet out the regular expenses.
3) I know, guidelines say, one has to confirm that he/she is returning for settlement. What this settlement means? Is there any paperwork which need to be signed at Airport during Entry Clearance?
4) After entry in UK, stay of how long period will reset the clock?

If above questions have been asked earlier, appreciate, if I can be guided to the thread.
Above queries, are important to me, so appreciate the replies.
cheers
Any replies, please.

barker

Post by barker » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:51 pm

If you ar entering the UK after 1.5 years there should not be a problem. However if the gap after leaving is very close to 2 years, like a few weeks short, or over 2 years then the ECO has the right to stop you.

There is no specific guidance on the requirements except to state that you have substantial connections to the UK. If you can make it back within 1.5 years of leaving I would advise doing so unless you do not wish to settle here.

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

Post by AndyGandhi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:20 am

barker wrote:If you ar entering the UK after 1.5 years there should not be a problem. However if the gap after leaving is very close to 2 years, like a few weeks short, or over 2 years then the ECO has the right to stop you.

There is no specific guidance on the requirements except to state that you have substantial connections to the UK. If you can make it back within 1.5 years of leaving I would advise doing so unless you do not wish to settle here.
Thanks for your reply, Barker.