ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILETS at Initial HSMP Approval

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMPLover

ILETS at Initial HSMP Approval

Post by HSMPLover » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:24 am

Hi,

I got my initial approval in 2004, at that time I have shown my ILETS certificate and which lasts for 2 years (Validity period). I am due to apply my third extension by the end of this year. Can anyone tell me should I have to take ILETS exam again?

With Regards
HAMPLover.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: ILETS at Initial HSMP Approval

Post by pantaiema » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:29 pm

This is the direct Quotation of Guidance

"Please note that, whilst for initial applications submitted under HSMP, the IELTS Report Form must be less than two years old at the time of application, for those seeking to extend their existing leave under HSMP, IELTS Report Forms which were issued more than two years prior to the date of the extension application, will be accepted "

MY interpretation based on that dosument you do not need to.
Also, Logically If you have acquired IELTS (say 6.0) at the time you applied your initial application. After " years working continuously in Highly skiiles Job in UK, your english must Improve (or must higher then 6.0). If not, then People must ask the CREDIBILITY of IELTS test.

But if you want 100% sure send them email.

Pantaiema
HSMPLover wrote:Hi,

I got my initial approval in 2004, at that time I have shown my ILETS certificate and which lasts for 2 years (Validity period). I am due to apply my third extension by the end of this year. Can anyone tell me should I have to take ILETS exam again?

With Regards
HAMPLover.
Last edited by pantaiema on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dj_iv
Newly Registered

Post by dj_iv » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:43 pm

They did not ask for IELTS in 2004. Therefore you could not use your IELTS for an initial application. So you will possibly need to seat your IELTS again. But this is up to HO!

HSMPLover

Post by HSMPLover » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:23 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I think pantaiema you are right. I have letter from My university for English language as well as I will submit my old ILETS certificate along with my extension.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:57 pm

Indeed, it is true IELTS is not a must at the time. But they did ask prove of english fluency to be able to work in the UK. Some peole, who already have IELTS score at the time (like HSMPLover) submit IELTS as prove of english fluency.

In the initial application if your IELTS is already expire (> 2 years old) you need to sit for IELTS because your english fluency might "degrade". This is especially tru if you are not living and working in the egnlish speking country like UK.

Pantaiema

dj_iv wrote:They did not ask for IELTS in 2004. Therefore you could not use your IELTS for an initial application. So you will possibly need to seat your IELTS again. But this is up to HO!

HSMPLover

Post by HSMPLover » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:22 am

Hi pantaiema,

I am here in UK from last three years. Infact I was student in first year and then switched to HSMP as In-country applicant.

What you say Now(New ILETS required or Not)?

With Regards
HSMPLover

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:51 pm

As you mentioned before, you have submitted your IETLS in your initial application.

I have answered your question baased on my interpretation on the guidance. However, I am not a case workers so to be 100% sure send them email and tell thew firum what you get for the benefit of all members.

Pantaiema
HSMPLover wrote:Hi pantaiema,

I am here in UK from last three years. Infact I was student in first year and then switched to HSMP as In-country applicant.

What you say Now(New ILETS required or Not)?

With Regards
HSMPLover