ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does it take to consider EEA4?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

4uvak000

How long does it take to consider EEA4?

Post by 4uvak000 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:02 am

I am writing this question on behalf of my friend. She sent her EEA4 last year. According to the Regulation 18 (2) of The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006, “The Secretary of State must issue a person who is not an EEA national who has a permanent right of residence under regulation 15 with a permanent residence card no later than six months after the date on which an application for a permanent residence card and proof that the person has such a right is submitted to the Secretary of State.” Now it comes to 8 months of waiting. Nearly 4 weeks since she contacted her MP and there is no answer. She contacted the European Commission Representation in UK, who said that they cannot help her and sent her couple internet links to contact. Organisations which links were sent for said they cannot help and sent her to other organisations and so on. It looks like there is one person behind all those internet links pretending they are big organisations, writing e-mails to send you somewhere else. The AIRE Centre (Advice on Individual Rights in Europe) wrote "we are dedicated to helping people who are in genuine need"... What did that mean? My friend sent copies of correspondence with UKBA, MP. She did not write to them for fun, but she needed help. A genuine one if possible. It is a comic relief or something. Is there any organisation which controls the application of European Laws? If not, how than they can unite Europe, if EEA countries do not apply the EEA laws? There is one way - formal complaint to European Commission, but they take up to 1 year to make a decision, which is not really an option after 8 months wait. Any ideas on all that? Thanks

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:13 am

Anyone?

WebMonkey

Post by WebMonkey » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:26 am

I am exactly in the same boat, in the end it appears we are powerless but to wait which is extremely frustrating.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:02 pm

If over six months, complain and keep doing so until you get satisfaction.

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:24 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:If over six months, complain and keep doing so until you get satisfaction.
That is what she is doing. Not much success for now. Apart from organisations listed before, she wrote to these e-mails http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 64ba156492, but it says in autoreply that they are not dealing with individual cases and Rob Whiteman is no longer the boss though he is leaving in August.... Where else can she complain? What about SOLVIT? Have it really helped to anyone? I did not see any post on this forum saying that it helped someone. Should she contact SOLVIT or her EEA spouse should do it?And what really can SOLVIT do?

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:44 pm

Update. My friend received her PR. Thanks everybody for support. The e-mails I mentioned before really work. Use them.