ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - Tenancy agreement / Utility Bills

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DannyNK
Newly Registered

Spouse visa - Tenancy agreement / Utility Bills

Post by DannyNK » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:03 am

All,

I sent my wife (in Kenya) docs to apply for her spouse visa. I am currently on ILR.
As proof of accomodation, I sent only an original water bill but no tenancy agreement. The address shown on my bank statements and water bill (which I both sent to my wife) is the same as that on my tenancy agreement - only that I never sent the tenancy agreement - coz I thought the water bill (original + copy) was enough.
Was I wrong (to exclude the tenancy agreement) ?
Please help.

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:10 am

i sent ,

inspection report ,

letter of NOC from landlord( parents ) ,

council tax ,

BT bill , land registry !!
Nasro MinAllah hee wa fatahun qareeb

Applied : 16/05/2013
Visa stamp : 04/09/2013 , in Islamabad
RFC & Collected : 05/09/2013.. Visa Granted

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - Tenancy agreement / Utility Bills

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:11 am

DannyNK wrote:All,

I sent my wife (in Kenya) docs to apply for her spouse visa. I am currently on ILR.
As proof of accomodation, I sent only an original water bill but no tenancy agreement. The address shown on my bank statements and water bill (which I both sent to my wife) is the same as that on my tenancy agreement - only that I never sent the tenancy agreement - coz I thought the water bill (original + copy) was enough.
Please help.
Unfortunately, you were wrong.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:24 am

See Supporting documents guidance - settlement (click) send anything you have missed out now so that it can be considered when the decision is made.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

DannyNK
Newly Registered

Post by DannyNK » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:23 pm

Casa wrote:

Please help.
This is from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... lement.pdf

You may wish to submit ANY of the following documents to provide us with evidence of your accommodation. We advise that you do not make any payments for accommodation, travel and so on until you have received your visa.
Details of the accommodation that you and your sponsor intend to live in and permission for you to stay there along with evidence of any other occupants
This could include:
 Land Registry documents
 mortgage statements
 rent book or tenancy agreement
 council tax statements
 property inspection report
 utilities bills
 accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/ landlord

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:52 pm

D4109125 wrote:See Supporting documents guidance - settlement (click) send anything you have missed out now so that it can be considered when the decision is made.
how can one send any missing document?

dont think thats possible?
Nasro MinAllah hee wa fatahun qareeb

Applied : 16/05/2013
Visa stamp : 04/09/2013 , in Islamabad
RFC & Collected : 05/09/2013.. Visa Granted

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:15 pm

abidabzhussain wrote:
D4109125 wrote:See Supporting documents guidance - settlement (click) send anything you have missed out now so that it can be considered when the decision is made.
how can one send any missing document?

dont think thats possible?
Until the decision is made you can send supporting evidence you have not already sent.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Alex3977
Newly Registered

Post by Alex3977 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi Amber...

I hv applied on 20th May with rent free Authority lttr signed by landlord (frnd)+utility bill+ signed passport copy. These docs would be enough ?

Also pls tell how to submit any other evidence untill decision made...

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:20 pm

See Supporting documents guidance - settlement (click) send any further evidence to the same place with a cover letter stating the situation and asking the additional evidence to be put with the application. Sending by recorded/registered delivery is advisable,

Alex3977
Newly Registered

Post by Alex3977 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Thanks amber for the quick reply....
Pls guide in my case which other evidence needs to send more?
I hv sent following docs:

(1)Authority lttr signed by landlord couple stating that they are my wife's frnd since last 2 yrs and allowing us to live there in 2BHK property.
(2) latest original utility bill with signs of landlord
(3) Duly signed passport copy of landlord

What more evidence can be done ?

DannyNK
Newly Registered

Post by DannyNK » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Casa wrote:

Please help.

This is from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... lement.pdf

You may wish to submit ANY of the following documents to provide us with evidence of your accommodation. We advise that you do not make any payments for accommodation, travel and so on until you have received your visa.
Details of the accommodation that you and your sponsor intend to live in and permission for you to stay there along with evidence of any other occupants
This could include:
 Land Registry documents
 mortgage statements
 rent book or tenancy agreement
 council tax statements
 property inspection report
 utilities bills
 accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/ landlord

Seeing as you can provide ANY ONE OF THESE, then why was I wrong in sending only a water bill ?

govindrlohiya
Newly Registered
India

Post by govindrlohiya » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:23 am

You were right. You don't have to worry. Water bills are fine. :)

DannyNK
Newly Registered

Post by DannyNK » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:43 am

govindrlohiya wrote:You were right. You don't have to worry. Water bills are fine. :)
Thanks Govind - are you speaking from personal experience ?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:46 am

If a decision is yet to be made, I think you should get your tenancy agreement in to the ECO. Personally, I consider a utility bill as additional evidence to back up the tenancy agreement or home ownership. It would also help to have had a letter or highlighted the section of the tenancy agreement giving explicit consent to having your partner join you at the property.