ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 G dependant refused entry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

computaboi

Tier 1 G dependant refused entry

Post by computaboi » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi All,
Just wondering if you can throw some light on what are the possible next steps

Tier 1 dependant visa refused due to maintenance funds and electronic bank statements

Refusal notice says as below

1) Sponsors bank statement from lloyds tsb bank, bearing account no. XXXX 6160. The front page states that the statement is for the period 11/09/2013- 22/04/2013. This cannot be accepted as the most recent statement is more than 31 days old. Furthermore, the itemised statement attached is for the period 22/02/103-22/04/2013 which is for 60 day period and not 90 day period.Sponsors bank statement from lloyds tsb is for period 11/09/2012 -22/04/2013 and this cannot be accepted as the most recent statement more than 31 days old.

2) Sposnsor's bank statement from Bank of Scotland bearing account xxx 5673. I note that the statement doesnot bear the bank's logo and you have not enclosed a letter from the bank authenticating the account. Further more the balance on 25/03/13 was £268.15

Bit background.
I submitted bank statements from lloyds and bank of scotland claiming for maintenance funds from Feb-05-2013 to May-17-2013
I had less than £600 pounds in my bank of scotland account from 11-Mar to 25-Mar, so I submitted my Lloyds TSB account as well.
If I add end of day balance on my lloyds account and bank of scotland from 11-Mar to 25-mar then Sum of the balances in both the accounts exceeds the required 600 pounds!

computaboi

Re: Tier 1 G dependant refused entry

Post by computaboi » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:30 pm

computaboi wrote:Hi All,
Just wondering if you can throw some light on what are the possible next steps

Tier 1 dependant visa refused due to maintenance funds and electronic bank statements

Refusal notice says as below

1) Sponsors bank statement from lloyds tsb bank, bearing account no. XXXX 6160. The front page states that the statement is for the period 11/09/2013- 22/04/2013. This cannot be accepted as the most recent statement is more than 31 days old. Furthermore, the itemised statement attached is for the period 22/02/103-22/04/2013 which is for 60 day period and not 90 day period.Sponsors bank statement from lloyds tsb is for period 11/09/2012 -22/04/2013 and this cannot be accepted as the most recent statement more than 31 days old.

2) Sposnsor's bank statement from Bank of Scotland bearing account xxx 5673. I note that the statement doesnot bear the bank's logo and you have not enclosed a letter from the bank authenticating the account. Further more the balance on 25/03/13 was £268.15

Bit background.
I submitted bank statements from lloyds and bank of scotland claiming for maintenance funds from Feb-05-2013 to May-17-2013
I had less than £600 pounds in my bank of scotland account from 11-Mar to 25-Mar, so I submitted my Lloyds TSB account as well.
If I add end of day balance on my lloyds account and bank of scotland from 11-Mar to 25-mar then Sum of the balances in both the accounts exceeds the required 600 pounds!

Regarding bank logos or supporting letter.
My bank refused to provide electronic statements on bank letter head with bank logos so they have printed statement, stamped and signed on every single page. Below guideline from UKBA says it's acceptable though or am I reading it wrong, can anyone shed some light on this please ?

Note: I have got letter from my bank on their letterhead to confirm that cannot print electronic bank statements on banks letterhead at branch.

Appendix C on UKBA website for Tier 1 dependent migrant says it's ok to submit stamped statements (as below) not sure why this was raised as a concern by UKBA, any thoughts ?

(iii) The statements must clearly show:

(1) the name of:
_i. the applicant,
_ii the applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian’s name, if the applicant is applying as Tier 4 Migrant,
_iii. the name of the Relevant Points-Based System Migrant, if the applicant is applying as a Partner or Child of a Relevant Points-Based System Migrant, or
_iv. the name of the applicant’s other parent who is legally present in the UK, if the applicant is applying as a Child of a Relevant Points-Based System Migrant,

(2) the account number,
(3) the date of each statement,
(4) the financial institution’s name,
(5) the financial institution’s logo,
(6) any transactions during the specified period, and
(7) that the funds in the account have been at the required level throughout the specified period;

(iv) The statements must be be either:

(1) printed on the bank’s or building society’s letterhead,
(2) electronic bank or building society statements from an online account, accompanied by a supporting letter from the bank or building society, on company headed paper, confirming the statement provided is authentic, or

(3) electronic bank or building society statements from an online account, bearing the official stamp of the bank or building society on every page,

(v) The statements must not be mini-statements from automatic teller machines (ATMs);

Source:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixc/

computaboi

Post by computaboi » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:15 pm

I guess my main questions for you to help me are
1)Firstly, I want to know if anything I submitted fall outside the guidelines set by UKBA.

2) To re-apply again, I am in the same situation as before having to submit multiple bank account statements where I have more than 600 pounds in my bank of Scotland account for 85 consecutive days and for remaining 5 days I will have to use my lloyds tsb acocunt to support my application, I am very unsure at this stage if I would get same decision if re-applied.

3)To appeal, I heard it's going to take minimum of 3~4 months which I am not really happy about as I believe the outcome VO made was due to human error by UKBA!

Not really sure what would be sensible way to approach this and get over visa as soon as I can

Also is there any way at all to escalate this within UKBA on health grounds or something like that ?

If you have any questions that you need to know answers for in order to help me then please feel free to drop a line, thanks for your help