ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Clearance Experience – India – Mumbai

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ChandraSP

Entry Clearance Experience – India – Mumbai

Post by ChandraSP » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:22 pm

Entry Clearance Experience – India – Mumbai ( 29th July 2004)

Reached the VFS office at 9.30am. Collected a token and VAF form from the counter and entered into lounge. Filled the form and went to next room where all VFS personnel are sitting in a row assisting the applicants and collecting the documents.
They called my token number and assigned me to a Staff member. I submitted all the documents to her.

Documents Attached:
Covering letter stating the details of all documents attached and funds
VAF - Form
Passport
Photo Copy of Passport
HSMP Approval letter dated: June 24
Accommodation letter from Friend and his Passport Copy
Educational Certificates
Experience letters
Pay slips for last 6 months and CTC Statement
IT Returns document
Funds availability – GBP 11,000 (bank statements from last 6 months and bonds)

VFS people have a checklist where they mark about all the documents attached. They are very good and cooperative (But it is very difficult to get them on phone, or they don’t have email service like in Delhi if any information needed)

She first checked my VAF form and corrected few options.

7.2 Give name, address and number of UK employer?

I left this blank. She asked me whether I have any job offer or not. When I said no, she just wrote “HSMP”.

7.3. Are you applying to go to the UK as a work permit holder?

I checked No. But she marked it as YES, and at Work Permit Number she gave the HSMP Reference number, Date of issue as HSMP issue date, length of permit as 1 year.

4.14. Have you ever been refused a visa for another country.

I wrote Yes, and mentioned the details. And wrote about the subsequent approval of visa for the same country. She checked the refusal and further approval dates on passport and marked it as “NO”, saying if there is any approval after a refusal, this need not be filled.

I filled the document at home, but Jai Jawaan suggested me to fill the form given by VFS( It is a booklet and looks professional, Thanks JJ J ). That is really a good idea even though we have to sit there and fill the form again. And I found a point that is missing in PDF file.
4.9. Have you visited UK before?
It is having a sub question asking for the dates visited

Cool. She kept all the documents into a bag and asked me to pay the fee at the counter. After the payment there is another counter for submission. They asked me whether to courier it or to collect personally. I opted to collect it by person after checking the list.

30th July 2004, 5.00pm. VFS Office, Mumbai.

Checked my name in the list. Good to see that my name is not in the list (I have to attend the interview if it is in the list) and stood in the queue. After 30 minutes, they gave a token again and send me inside. After an hour they called my number and gave me the packet with all the documents and passport, of course with VISA STAMPED.

Thank you all members and moderators for your inputs. It would have been very difficult without this board. It helped at every step of the process.

Regards
Puti
Last edited by ChandraSP on Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:26 pm

Entry Clearance (EC) experience process and Feedback, seems to be locked. I couldn't post there.

Cosmopol,

Please post this message in right place.

Regards
Puti

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Re: Entry Clearance Experience – India – Mumbai

Post by Cosmopol » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:20 pm

Done! Thanks for sharing, puti!

Sampan
Newly Registered

Post by Sampan » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:27 pm

Puti

Congrats !
Your EC experience date may be on 29 July'2004 instead of 29 August 2004, right ?

Sampan

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:16 am

Congrats puti !
Your EC experience description was like a walkthru...reading it was like being there.

Thanks & Bon Voyage !
Mini

noddy214

Post by noddy214 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:25 am

Congrats Puti.

In the midst of no clear information coming out of HSMP, it is such a pleasure to read your post about your EC experience in Mumbai. It makes one feel better that once the HSMP letter arrives, it is only a matter of couple of days.

Wish you all the very best.

Noddy

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:36 am

Thanks a lot friends.

Sampan, you are right. In my message please read the dates as "29 July'2004" and "30 July 2004". Seems I am thinking toomuch about future and living in August . Or it may be typo in excitement...bear with me. :lol:

All the best..

Second innings start now....

regards
Puti

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:55 am

Cheers puti, Thanks for sharing such a great piece of info.

Good luck.
Regards,
Afzal

amit77
Newly Registered

Post by amit77 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:53 am

Hi Puti

Congrates for having visa.

Can you tell me what all documents one should carry when going for EC?

Thanks in advance....