ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[Help] PSW to T2 Accountancy Job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jxmmk
Newly Registered

[Help] PSW to T2 Accountancy Job

Post by jxmmk » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:07 pm

Hello everyone. I wonder if any one could help me with this.

I finished my Accounting degree and I am currently staying under PSW. The company I'm working for are willing to sponser me. However there is a question which are confusing me and I am not sure if my understand on this issue is correct or not.

The code of practice 2421 uses the term "Chartered and certified accountant". Does that mean I have to be fully qualified to apply for the visa? I have only passed my CIMA operational level exam so I'm not a fully qualified accountant yet.

Meanwhile, I have also notice in the T2 Guidance, paragraph 204:

"204. All migrants applying for leave to enter the UK from overseas under Tier 2 (General) and Tier 2 (ICT) must be coming to fill a vacancy that is at or above NQF level 6 (or the equivalent in Scotland). .... This does not mean that the person employed to fill the job must be educated to that level, it means that the work that person will do is pitched at that level."

My understanding of the last sentence is, I can use that code as long as the my work reach that level, it does matter if i am actually a qualified accountant or not(As what it stated "does not mean..must be educated to that level")????

It would be great if my understanding is correct :( Is there anyone in the same situation? Could anyone give me any advise on that? Thx...

ramya80
Newly Registered

Post by ramya80 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:28 pm

Your job description needs to match closely to the one they have on the sponsor guidance and above NQF level 6..not the title.

check whether your job role is similar to the one in guidance..

all the best