ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Partner and dependent visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Query on Partner and dependent visa

Post by globalindian » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi,

I am currently on a tier 2 ict visa. I am planning to apply for a ILR next month.

My partner was initially with me and had spent 2 years in UK (not continuously) but she is in India currently for holidays.
Can you please let me know if my wife can apply as a dependent once I have completed my ILR?

I am bit confused with the rules mentioned below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... you-apply/
You cannot apply for leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain in a partner category if your last leave was as the partner of a former points-based system migrant who:

is settled in the UK and was granted settlement as a points-based system migrant; or
has British citizenship having been granted settlement as a points-based system migrant.
Does this mean dependent visa for partners are closed if dependent had an visa earlier in Tier 2 dependent category?

Thanks in advance. :(

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:58 pm

any advice pls?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:34 pm

globalindian wrote:any advice pls?
What is your spouse's current status, has her visa expired? Are you applying for ilr as a PBS applicant?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:40 am

D4109125 wrote:
globalindian wrote:any advice pls?
What is your spouse's current status, has her visa expired? Are you applying for ilr as a PBS applicant?
Yes her visa has expired now. Yes I am planning for ilr dependant..not sure if it is pbs. but she have to apply from india I guess.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:09 am

Are you applying for ILR based on 5 years PBS or 10 years long residence? If the former, apply for a dependant under the relevant category of points-based system. See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /vaf10.pdf
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:21 am

D4109125 wrote:Are you applying for ILR based on 5 years PBS or 10 years long residence? If the former, apply for a dependant under the relevant category of points-based system. See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /vaf10.pdf
Thanks D4109125. Yes I am applying for myself under 5 years ILR category i.e. SET O forms etc.

But I was planning to apply for dependent ILR category from India. Are advising that my wife has to apply for tier 2 ict dependant rather than ILR partner? Or is she applicable for applying ILR dependent visa? This is because I will be holding ILR visa by the time my wife will be applying for dependent visa.

Basically I got confused with their rules mentioned in :
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visa ... you-apply/
Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:17 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:23 am

THanks Vinny but will you be able to help on the above query please?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:10 am

The answers in the given link is also applicable to your query.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:40 pm

vinny wrote:The answers in the given link is also applicable to your query.
Thanks Vinny. I got your point as per the link which you have mentioned.
i.e. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... outside-uk/.
But if you again click on the Can you apply link it says:
You cannot apply for leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain in a partner category if your last leave was as the partner of a former points-based system migrant who:

-is settled in the UK and was granted settlement as a points-based system migrant; or
-has British citizenship having been granted settlement as a points-based system migrant.
Can you please help with the above explanation? I am unable to make out what UKBA is trying to highlight here and if my spouse will be impacted because of the above rule.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:24 am

An entry clearance application is not a leave to remain nor indefinite leave to remain application.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:34 am

Sorry Vinny. But I didn't get your point. Not sure what you wanted to explain with respect to entry clearance. Can you please throw more light on this one please?
I was referring to Can you apply http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... you-apply/ section from your link which relates to Rules for Partners or family of settled person.
vinny wrote:An entry clearance application is not a leave to remain nor indefinite leave to remain application.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:39 am

My point is that your quote is not applicable to entry clearance applications. It's only applicable to in-country applications.
Can you apply? wrote:You cannot apply for leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain in a partner category ...

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:34 pm

vinny wrote:My point is that your quote is not applicable to entry clearance applications. It's only applicable to in-country applications.
Can you apply? wrote:You cannot apply for leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain in a partner category ...
Ok thanks Vinny for the explanation. Though I couldn't make anything out of this one I can understand that my spouse can apply for a dependent visa under VAF4 visa details as a dependent of an ILR visa holder who was previously under Tier 2 category.

Thanks

betterlatethannever

Re: Query on Partner and dependent visa

Post by betterlatethannever » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:21 am

Hi globalindian,

Finally which route you choose for your wife's visa?

I am in same situation, I just got ILR through PBS 5 year route (I was on Tier 1 before ILR). I am planning to apply dependent visa for my wife from India.

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Vatsal

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Query on Partner and dependent visa

Post by globalindian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:42 am

Hello Dude,

I got through Dependent of Settlement (Family settlement route) VAF4A Form.
Good luck,

Thanks