ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa... do we stand a good chance?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mark_milhouse
Newly Registered

Spouse visa... do we stand a good chance?

Post by mark_milhouse » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:28 am

I am a British Citizen, who is marrying his fiancée of 2 years in April. My fiancée is an Indian national who had lived in the UK for almost 4 years. Her visa had expired on the 15th of August 2006 and had applied for an extension on her visitor’s visa (Her visas: 3 years Student visa, 6 months visitors’ visa). This was refused as 6 months is the longest time permitted on a visitor’s visa. Her refusal letter did not contain a date for her to leave the UK. It wasn't an IS151A form but just said that she didn't have any legal right to be here and should leave as soon as possible.

She (and I) wanted her to be here till december 11 for my graduation ceremony ( where I was given a doctorate) because it meant a lot to both of us because i had worked so hard for it all these 3 years. Hence she stayed and left the UK in December 2006 (3 months after she was told that her visa had been refused) and was found out at the airport at passport control and was issued an IS151A form for overstaying her visa by a very rude officer.

I am writing to enquire if this will affect her application in any way for a spouse (settlement) visa after our marriage in India. I have a nice job now, bought my own house, am a doctor, she is very well educated, speaks flawless english and comes from a good family and we are having only a civil marriage as we don't want any big celebration etc and my parents are too ill t o fly... I am 26 and she is 27. We have lots of pictures of us together and evidence like emails, letters, phone bills etc. I had also visited her in India for 15 days in January and am leaving aging in April (for the marriage). I reach there on the 20th and plan to get married on the 26th.

Do you think that we stand a good chance to get her a visa? We are very anxious and hoping you will help.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:46 pm

I am writing to enquire if this will affect her application in any way for a spouse (settlement) visa after our marriage in India.
The answer for your question is no, It will have no affect on her spouse visa application provided that she meets other requirements and sufficient documentation to satisfy a entry clearance officer that your marriage is geniune and will live together permanently with out recourse of public funds.

Goodluck.