ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

place of first arrival in the United Kingdom- Section 2

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arjun_wp

place of first arrival in the United Kingdom- Section 2

Post by arjun_wp » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:30 pm

Dear Sir,
I came to UK on 2003 on student visa for Phd. and last year I got ILR on 5 years work permit. I was on old style work permit since May 2007
1. What date I should write for question of first arrival in the UK (is it 2003 or 2007 or 2012?)
2. My wife also got ILR with me last year but she has not completed 3 years of stay with me in UK? She was on spouse visa - dependent work permit since March 2011 and got ILR in May, 2012? Can she also apply with me or wait till March 2014?

Please advise me.
Arjun

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:26 pm

1. 2003

Have you read the FAQ before posting?

See Q1 & Q2 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

cam77
Newly Registered

Re: place of first arrival in the United Kingdom- Section 2

Post by cam77 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:23 pm

this an old post but just wanted to update incase anyone reads

Jambo he should not have written 2003 as it clearly states that he should mention the date he arrived WITH A VIEW TO STAY LONG TERM.
and on student visa you always say you come with intent to go back.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:35 pm

No, you can come on a student visa and have in your mind you'd like to stay.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:51 am

cam77 wrote:this an old post but just wanted to update incase anyone reads

Jambo he should not have written 2003 as it clearly states that he should mention the date he arrived WITH A VIEW TO STAY LONG TERM.
and on student visa you always say you come with intent to go back.
As I already commented on your other thread, the notes are misleading.
In any case, this is not a test. You won't get refused because you write the wrong date or that you now "admit" you had long term plans when you came as a student.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

cam77
Newly Registered

Post by cam77 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:23 am

Hi guys i would like to mention here on the student application there used to be a question asking will you return after your course is finished as well and by ticking that you are demonstrating that you intend to leave so either you are saying up til that point you did intend to go back and later changed your mind in which case i think that it applies that you should give the date you actually thought of staying in my case switching to hsmp. because by lying you are putting your visa or nationality endanger as they have mentioned so many places that any fraudulent or misleading information may result in withdrawal of citizenship or visa.

And yes jambo i now its not a test i am just saying shouldn't we just write the honest answer? just a thought.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:43 am

What they are after is the date you landed to live long term in the UK (i.e. not as a tourist). This is used to located your file in the system. It has nothing to do with fraud and giving out misleading information. Thousands of student visa holders ending in applying for naturalisation. The HO do understand that people might come with long term plans (even if they get you to declare not).

As I said, it is not the end of the world if you put another date. It will have no affect on the application.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)