ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarity on Professional Referee - Bank official

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mavrick7
Newly Registered

Clarity on Professional Referee - Bank official

Post by mavrick7 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:05 pm

Senior Members,

With reference to the reference requirement for the Naturalisation application and having gone through the prescribed list of acceptable professionals I wanted to confirm the following category.

Bank/building society official

I wanted to check if this can be anyone working in a Bank at any level/authority? I have a lot of friends in Banking ranging from Change Managers to Corporate Bankers. Is anyone working in a Bank can be classified as "Bank official"?

Urgent response will be extremely helpful.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:50 pm

I would say pick someone at managerial level who has substantial responsibilities.

mavrick7
Newly Registered

Post by mavrick7 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:35 am

Plum70 wrote:I would say pick someone at managerial level who has substantial responsibilities.
Has anyone successfully used Bank official as a referee and recieved appeoval? Could you also state what was the designation of the referee?

barker

Post by barker » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:34 am

I think what they are looking for is someone who works in a retail bank branch, not someone trained in finance working in an investment branch. Though given the ambiguity of the wording this is open to interpretation

My wife has used the personal bankers at her branch to sign her form, and they said that they have signed as referees for other people previously. We are waiting for her application to be approved at the moment, so can only confirm once we get it sorted.