ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) URGENT COHEB REGARDING HELP...

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adnan99
Newly Registered

SET(M) URGENT COHEB REGARDING HELP...

Post by adnan99 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi..

I urgently need expert opinion. I got an appointment at PEO in a week time and still got a query .

Stayed at same address - 3 months
Away - 7 months
Starting staying together again - 14 months

I came to UK before 2 yrs on dependent visa and now applying for ILR under SET (M). My problem is that me and my wife stayed together for 3 months and then I moved to a different place because I started my new degree at different place. She had her job so she did not move with me at that time. But after 7 months she got a new job here where I am studying and we started staying together since then.

I have proof of cohab documents for the first 3 months when we were staying together and for the 14 months. But I do not have any utility bills or any documents covering for the 7 months. I have some travelling documents (i.e Mega bus tickets) during that 7 months period when I used to visit my wife.

So can anyone pls guide me is this affect my application? And is there any particular thing I need to keep in my mind?
Pls guide me what best I can do in this situation?
Many thanks.

adnan99
Newly Registered

pls help

Post by adnan99 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:14 pm

pls help me.. don't have much time..

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:15 pm

Do you not have any documents even in single names for those 7 months? Bank statements, credit card bills?.....
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

lutforestry

Post by lutforestry » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:38 pm

D4109125 wrote:Do you not have any documents even in single names for those 7 months? Bank statements, credit card bills?.....

You documents should spread over the the 2 years. As you have documents earlier (first 3 moths) and later (last 14 months). I think you will fine. You don't need to worry. Give documents different sources dated at regular intervals.

Good luck.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:09 pm

lutforestry wrote:
D4109125 wrote:Do you not have any documents even in single names for those 7 months? Bank statements, credit card bills?.....

You documents should spread over the the 2 years. As you have documents earlier (first 3 moths) and later (last 14 months). I think you will fine. You don't need to worry. Give documents different sources dated at regular intervals.

Good luck.
I agree with the earlier reply that if you provide the first 3 months and the last 14 months you will be fine BUT i think you should mention this whole thing in the cover letter and show those metro bus tickets etc.

The problem is that if you dont disclose it and they find during their checking that the two of you were staying at different addresses then the case worker may take it as if you were trying to conceal a gap and making false claim.
That's just my opinion, seniors please correct me if i am wrong.

adnan99
Newly Registered

Post by adnan99 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:56 pm

thank you so much for your valuable replies..during this time i am almost visiting her every 15 days and during this period my bank statements and other docs on our old address where she was staying at that time.. so do i need to show anything else?? i have put our joint bank accounts during those 7 months..is it ok? do i need to mention that we were not together b'coz my base is almost with her and just doing my studies in different city..
pls guide me on this .

adnan99
Newly Registered

Post by adnan99 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:59 pm

ambar..i got joint bank statements on same address for those 7 months.. do i need to show our different addresses then?
and what is the best possible way to deal with this situation? pls help me out guys b'coz absolutely have no time..