ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

psw expiring

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VIN DISEL
Newly Registered

psw expiring

Post by VIN DISEL » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:46 pm

HI all,
my PSW visa is going to expire in november2013..my wife is in PSW dependent with me..she wants to do master/MBA in uk..my doubts are
1)If she want to switch into TIER2 (PSW) to tier 4 (student) ..she need to go back to home country or she can apply from here...
2)and i want to be her dependent once she got the tier4(student) visa..for that do i need to go back to home country or can i apply from here..
could anyone please advice me...thanks in advance[/b]

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:33 pm

Both applications must be made outside the uk

asimraza
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 1 PSW to dependent visa

Post by asimraza » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi Everyone,

My wife recently got her student visa and i would like to become her dependent. My PSW visa is expiring by the end of October 2013, I would like to know whether can i switch my current PSW visa to Tier 4 dependent visa while staying in UK or will i have to go back to my country to change my visa status. Kindly help me in this regard.

I have the same query but i heard that i can change while staying in UK. is that true.

Many thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Both applications must be made outside the uk

tier2chefs
- thin ice -

Re: Switching from Tier 1 PSW to dependent visa

Post by tier2chefs » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:12 pm

You will have to go to your home country for all PBS dependent visas. I had recent experience with Tier 2 Dependent applicant.
asimraza wrote:Hi Everyone,

My wife recently got her student visa and i would like to become her dependent. My PSW visa is expiring by the end of October 2013, I would like to know whether can i switch my current PSW visa to Tier 4 dependent visa while staying in UK or will i have to go back to my country to change my visa status. Kindly help me in this regard.

I have the same query but i heard that i can change while staying in UK. is that true.

Many thanks.

VIN DISEL
Newly Registered

Post by VIN DISEL » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:08 pm

thanks you all for your advice...