ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PRTB letter for EU1 form

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BrusselsSprout
Newly Registered

PRTB letter for EU1 form

Post by BrusselsSprout » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:09 am

Hi,

My wife who is non EU citizen, is applying for a GNIB registration card through the EU1 Form. It mentions that a PRTB letter must be given.
After contacting the PRTB, I have received the letter but there is no mention of my wife's name on it, only mine (I am the EU citizen, she is non EU).

Is there anyone else here who received a PRTB letter? Was the non EU citizen name specified on it? I imagine that the non-EU citizen name should be mention on it, otherwise I don't really see the value of the PRTB letter for the non-EU citizen application of a residency card!

Thanks for sharing any of your experience.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:11 pm

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:39 am

If you landlord registered both you and your wife, you should have received 2 letter (one for each name).

You wife probably isn't registered. You should ask your landlord to add her (he can do it online on the PRTB website and she will automatically receive the letter).

migrantdude
Newly Registered

Post by migrantdude » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi BrusselSprouts. I asked my landlord to update my PRTB registration so as to include my wife - They can do it online as a matter of fact. It might take like a month for the PRTB letters to come into your mailbox, though.

In my case, I asked my landlord for the online receipt after the update so I could use it meanwhile. I also used it to enquire PRTB about the letters when I though it was taking too long for them to come through.

Hope this helps

BrusselsSprout
Newly Registered

Post by BrusselsSprout » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:53 am

hi,

When I called the PRTB they said that the landlord registered both of us correctly. The only thing is that:
1. it does not seem that the registration letter is sent automatically as I never received it until i called to ask myself to send it.
2. When i called for the registration letter, they sent only one (just for me) even though they said my wife was registered.

I have thus called again for them to send a letter for my wife this time. So hopefully it will be in the post in the next few days.

Thanks a lot for your input

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Strange ... Myself / my partner as well as other friends did get the letters automatically last year.

Things might have changed since then ...

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Hi

I just wanted to clarify something about the prtb. If my uncle is renting an appartment and hes allowed me and my husband to stay there, how do we register? I'm not sure if hes already registered. Would the landlord need to add me and my husband or would my uncle do it?

I'm a bit confused about the whole thing.. can someone explain please?

Thank you so much!

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:51 pm

Can I quickly ask how long it took before you guys received the PRTB letter in the post after registration?
I am about to ask the landlord to register me, but I am worried it might take yonks for them to send the letter of confirmation.

Anyone has experiences to share?

BrusselsSprout
Newly Registered

Post by BrusselsSprout » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:27 am

Just to share information for others:
As I wrote here above, I called PRTB before the 5th of July ... But 3 weeks later still received nothing. I called them back (that was the 3rd time already) and told the person on the phone about my situation. She said that she would make sure that this time the letter would go to the mail and indeed I got it, after 4 days it was in my mailbox.

@OLUMUYIWA,
I don't know how long the registration process takes but you can call the PRTB to check if you are already registered (do it after your landlord tells you that he did it). As soon as the PRTB confirms you are registered, ask the person to send you the letter and you will get it pretty quickly

@Jellybean105
As I understand your uncle rents the apartment to a landlord so he needs to tell the landlord that you and your husband stay there so that the landlord can register you at the PRTB. Only landlords and owners can register tenants at the PRTB. As your uncle is the tenant, he can't do that himself.