ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR APPLICATION OCTOBER 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ikramonline1
Newly Registered

ILR APPLICATION OCTOBER 2012

Post by ikramonline1 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:25 pm

Hi there !

Can anyone please throw some light on an ongoing problem I am faced with.

I posted my ILR application in mid october 2012. A few weeks ago, I sent a fax to the liverpool casework department requesting them to process my application as soon as possible as it had been over 8 months ! They replied a week later stating that there was an incredible back log and that I would have to wait for my turn....
Can anything be done here...?? Also, if it is not an applicants fault, then can the UKBA use its descretion to include the lost time as part of the citizenship application requirement...??

ikram

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:10 pm

You can contact your MP and ask them to chase UKBA.
I have asked my employer and a lawyer to send a letter to UKBA asking for an update on my file.
But I have a feeling that this is fruitless

kittylitter030507
Newly Registered

Post by kittylitter030507 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:38 pm

I posted my ILR application in mid october 2012. A few weeks ago, I sent a fax to the liverpool casework department requesting them to process my application as soon as possible as it had been over 8 months ! They replied a week later stating that there was an incredible back log and that I would have to wait for my turn....
Yes my husband applied in October 2012 as well so timescale is the same. We wrote an email to Rob Whiteman's office weeks ago after fruitless calls to Croydon helpline. Got reply today from someone from this email address FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and it basically went around in circles again apologising for the delay which could be due to an extraordinary high demand for their services and directing us back to the Croydon unhelpful line. This is what it said at the end...

"Enquiries into applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain are extensive and varied and can sometimes take longer than anticipated to complete. Some of the enquiries are completed by external agencies on our behalf. I am sorry that it is taking longer than our average waiting time to process, some applications may take longer, depending on the nature of the enquiries to be carried out. We will notify your husband of the outcome once our enquiries are complete.

In recent months the number of applications for both temporary and indefinite leave has been higher than anticipated. The Home Office has service improvement plans in place and it expects that performance in all areas of permanent migration (settlement, European casework and nationality) will be back within service standard shortly.

The Home Office has increased the numbers of staff in both temporary and permanent migration to improve its productivity and is overseeing the improvement plans to ensure that progress in reducing waiting times remains on track.

Should you require further advice or information about your husband’s immigration matter, you may wish to contact Croydon Contact Centre 0870 606 7766."

I already complained to my MLA about 1 month ago. He forwarded my email to the Secretary of State here and asked her to speak directly with Theresa May to expedite my husband's case but even the MLA got no response. Seems useless no matter what we try to do!

Keep in contact and we'll let you know as soon as we hear anything.

It is soul destroying I know. I am a British Citizen born and bred here and have paid taxes for 26 years. I despair of my own country, really. It's shameful.

Good luck x

ikramonline1
Newly Registered

Post by ikramonline1 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:19 pm

kittylitter030507 wrote:
Hi there ! Many thanks for such a detailed reply. I really appreciate the effort you just put in for my sake. So thank you very much for that.

Since the letter I received from the casework team in Liverpool, I have not really contacted UKBA as I feel it would be a futile attempt to be honest. By the way, if it's any help; Around the forth week of May, someone at the enquiry desk (08706067766) did confirm to me that the applications that had been received in October 2012 were being processed. If that was the case, then I can hopefully imagine that our applications would be processed sometime soon....

I will of course, inofrm you of anything that turns up.

Kind regards....