ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

time limit of passport application/dual citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

katievoroncova
Newly Registered

time limit of passport application/dual citizenship

Post by katievoroncova » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:43 pm

Hi guys,

Just a quick question to pick your brains...

Is there a time limit of when you have to apply for BRITISH PASSPORT by, after acquiring the naturalisation certificate? My mother is from Latvia originally & has got her naturalisation certificate now, but looking to wait until October as Latvia is looking to allow dual citizenship from October, so she is hoping that she can have dual citizenship... Assuming UKBA do not inform the Latvian embassy that my mother is now a British Citizen... Seems to be a bit of a grey area of when you are actually seen as giving up your original citizenship (Latvian in this case).

Many thanks

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:39 am

There is no time limit of applying for a British passport after getting British Citizenship. In fact, there is no requirements to ever apply for a passport. There are at least hundreds of thousands if not millions of British citizens who never held a passport and never will hold a passport.

Same is true for any other country on the planet. I am sure there will be hundreds of thousands of latvians without a passport.