ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 year earning for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nikitasha8

5 year earning for ILR

Post by nikitasha8 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:14 pm

I have just got my 3 years visa extension until 2016. I know that i will have to show the same earning during my ILR in 2016 which is over 35K for myself.

Is it necessary for me to earn 35k for all 5 years? I am now pregnant and thinking to leave one job(part time) and continue with fultime job until I go on Materninty. It is ok if I don't earn full 35K in next 2 years but start part time job again 12 month before my ILR application?

I hope this makes sense

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:46 pm

I think if you are on Tier1 general and you got extension then you dont really have to be getting the same salary for whole of duration.

I am just curious what do you mean by saying 'I know that I will have to show the same salary' where did you get this from ?

ukba2536

Re: 5 year earning for ILR

Post by ukba2536 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:47 pm

nikitasha8 wrote:I have just got my 3 years visa extension until 2016. I know that i will have to show the same earning during my ILR in 2016 which is over 35K for myself.

Is it necessary for me to earn 35k for all 5 years? I am now pregnant and thinking to leave one job(part time) and continue with full time job until I go on Maternity. It is ok if I don't earn full 35K in next 2 years but start part time job again 12 month before my ILR application?

I hope this makes sense

In present ILR guidance notes, there is nothing mentioned that you have to show all 5 years same income
when you go for the ILR they will ask you to provide consecutive 12 months income from the last 15 months . make sure you cover 35k in any 12 months of the final 15 months

all you need to do is to satisfy the Points

and i also read in the forums that in some cases they checked 5 years employment history(income, taxes paid) but not mandatory to have to havel same 35k all over the 5 year period.

salmanzz

Post by salmanzz » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:49 pm

No you dont have to earn 35k for all years.

For Tier-1 General you just have to meet the points of earning from 12 month salary slip from last 15 months before your visa will expire...

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:27 pm

salmanzz wrote:No you dont have to earn 35k for all years.

For Tier-1 General you just have to meet the points of earning from 12 month salary slip from last 15 months before your visa will expire...
I second that. The whole point of Tier 1 (general) visa for a highly skilled migrant is to seek employment without any single employer commitment and it is not a requirement for ILR that you need to be in employment or earn same amount of salary for all the qualifying period. All you need is enough points and meet other requirements at the time of application

nikitasha8

Post by nikitasha8 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Thanks a lot to all for replying.

vivdubes - What I meant was that i know I have to show 35k earned in 12 months before applying for ILR but was not sure if i have to be earning the same amount for all 5 years. But as you all have advised i do not need to earn 35k for all 5 years.

Thanks again

londener

Post by londener » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:23 pm

There is no need to earn the same amount indeed !!
But please try to earn as much as possible to show you are economically very active . If you have problems and can only be able to earn very less in any of years you other than your last year you simply can write a self declaration letter showing your problem.
Cheers
believe in yourself !!!