ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Born Citizen - New baby in Denmark!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scl83
Newly Registered

British Born Citizen - New baby in Denmark!

Post by scl83 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi guys,

I have tried contacting everything and everyone I know to get answers on this and maybe someone out there can help!

I have tried:

UKBA - Impossible to get hold of and when you do, they can't help or don't know...

Gov.UK - sent me to UKBA ...

Danish Embassy - nobody to talk to just Email, Email said go back to UKBA ...

Anyway, I will try and cut this short - I am a British National and my entire family through the ages were British, but I decided to move to Denmark to be with my new Family. My partner who is Australian is currently living and working in Denmark and we've recently had a new baby girl (8 weeks old) I would like for us all to travel back to the UK in August to visit my family for my 30th, but it dawned on me that our baby girl might not be able travel!

I will copy and paste the question I have ask the UK government in previous Emails and hopefully someone out there might know some answers!

"Hello UKBA,

I am a British Born Citizen currently living and working in Denmark and my partner is Australian also living and working in Denmark. We've recently had a new baby girl (8 weeks old) and we all have Danish residency (this is not citizenship).

We all want to come to the UK in August to visit my family, I obviously have a UK Passport and I am still a UK Citizen and my partner has an Australian passport, but what about our new baby? Is she automatically allowed to have British citizenship as I am British and so are my parents, grandparents etc?

Can she travel on my passport? How does this work when I try to enter the country? Or, do I need to apply for her to be a UK or Australian citizen before she can then apply for her own passport? Does she need a passport being so young?

What are the time scales we are looking at as we want to come over in 2 months time for my 30th birthday

So many questions, but its a strange situation and I need to make sure we get it right!

Kind regards"

If anyone has any information as I have hit a dead end, a brick wall!

Kind regards,

Sam

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:03 pm

were you born in the UK?

If you were, then your child is British from birth (and probably Australian and maybe Danish).

You can't add children on your passport. They need their own. Just follow the instructions here - Overseas Passport.

It's tight to get it back for August travel.

scl83
Newly Registered

Post by scl83 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:12 am

Yes I was born in the UK and I just can't believe how difficult it's been to get any information out of the UK góvernment!

Thanks for your help, I will keep trying :)