ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INCOMPETENT BORDER AGENCY

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CheGuevara
- thin ice -
Mood:
Ireland

INCOMPETENT BORDER AGENCY

Post by CheGuevara » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Incompetent Border Agency staff wasting money because of their inability to make decisions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -lost.html

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:16 am

The incompetence in so many government organisations is shocking. They have people making decisions who are often clueless and the support isn't much better. If you watch the uk border force documentary you'll see how useless they are. Mrs May should have stepped down long ago, back when that passport checking fiasco emerged. The exact same ridiculous structuring for social security decisions which ends up costing millions in tribunals.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

peppekalle

Re: INCOMPETENT BORDER AGENCY

Post by peppekalle » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:57 pm

CheGuevara wrote:Incompetent Border Agency staff wasting money because of their inability to make decisions.

They make plenty of poor decisions which are later overturned on appeal.I reckon case workers whose decisions are continually overturned on appeal should be fired or offered more training to make fair decisions.

Hopo have a difficult task maybe before they represent their case they should take only those cases that they see they are bound to win and tell the case workers to make another decision again if they see they are bound to fail.

Thank God for immigration lawyers and barristers.

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:05 pm

And all this is why we are now paying hundreds more in fees and making them over 400% in profits in some cases.

Highly_Skilled

Re: INCOMPETENT BORDER AGENCY

Post by Highly_Skilled » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:12 pm

peppekalle wrote:
CheGuevara wrote:Incompetent Border Agency staff wasting money because of their inability to make decisions.

They make plenty of poor decisions which are later overturned on appeal.I reckon case workers whose decisions are continually overturned on appeal should be fired or offered more training to make fair decisions.

Hopo have a difficult task maybe before they represent their case they should take only those cases that they see they are bound to win and tell the case workers to make another decision again if they see they are bound to fail.

Thank God for immigration lawyers and barristers.

The majority of the decisions that are overturned by Immigration Judges are because of their failure to recognise the Immigration Rules, accepting new evidence and basically applying Article 8 whenever they feel like it.

So should caseworkers really be fired (or re-trained) on the basis of an Immigration Judges decision?

All caseworkers have to make their decisions in accordance with current Policy and Immigration Rules. It is hardly reasonable and fair to fire a caseworker based upon immigration rules which they must adhere to.

Just because a decision gets overturned on appeal it does not mean the caseworker has made a poor decision. Don't forget, Immigration Lawyers get paid to ultimately find errors/loopholes in immigration law and exploit them to their client's needs.
And this already happens as every case that ends up at Appeal will have been checked with management beforehand.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Actually I feel pity for the caseworkers. They are not paid a high wage by any means, and have to make decisions according to the most difficult and complicated rules of any UK department.

I think UK immigration law is way too complicated and big. Regular changes to immigration rules only keep adding to the complications.

I think there is a real need to trim down the immigration law. Starting point could be to consolidate all the immigration acts and amendents from past few decades into one consolidated immigration act.