ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

moving to ireland for surinder singh application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mdaudkhan

moving to ireland for surinder singh application

Post by mdaudkhan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Dear,

I would like to discuss my situation and want your valuable suggestions as i am new to this forum.

Basically I am British National and have applied for my family visa in pakistan. But they have rejected my application because of financial requirement. Later on I hired a lawyer and he told me that your case is not very strong for appeal. But due to some reasons I planned to appeal.

It will probably take 3-4 months. In the meanwhile, I planned to move to Ireland for immigration of my family later.

Now I would like to ask from the forum gurus that shall I move to Ireland before the decision of appeal or keep it for later?And if i move there what will be the requirements to apply for my wife and 2 kids under 18. What will be the minimum hours I have to work for there approximately as I know that one should be able to survive on its own without relying on public funds.

Can i apply for family permit from ireland after getting first payslip?

When shall my family apply for eea family permit to UK from ireland? Is it ok to apply after 3 months of residence.

Need to sort it out by the mid of next month. So any suggestions would be welcome and thank you very much for your support.

I found this forum to be really helpful and user friendly

Waiting for the replies.
Please can you reply me I still waiting for answer. Thanks

mdaudkhan

Post by mdaudkhan » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:26 pm

I still waiting for reply. Please respond. Thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:19 am

Please read some of the sticky postings first. A lot of your questions are answered there.

mdaudkhan

British national applying from Pakistan for Ireland

Post by mdaudkhan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me please if I go to Pakistan.can I apply from there for my family visit visa for Ireland? What documents I require from there to apply or I just Need to submit their passports with my passport. After getting visa if I bring my family to Ireland then they stay with me three months in Ireland. After that can I apply for surender Singh rule to come in uk.
I ll wait your response. Thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Where are you now? Why would you want to apply in Pakistan?

mdaudkhan

Post by mdaudkhan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:28 pm

Thanks for your reply. I am now on UK . Some one told me that you go to Pakistan and apply there for your family for Ireland. That I want to go to Ireland and my family are travelling with me.he said as well that I only need to submit my passport with their application. Is that ok?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Ok, lets step back for a second.

What is your citizenship? What is the citizenship of your spouse? Will you both be moving to Ireland?

mdaudkhan

Post by mdaudkhan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:14 pm

I am British national and my wife and 2 kids are Pakistani.i want to bring them here in uk . Do I need all the documents which I need for UK visa?or I just submit my passport with their passports and application. When I bring them in Ireland then work there three months after that can I bring my family in uk by surender Singh rule? Thanks for your quick reply.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:28 pm

Requirements for a visa to Ireland: http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2007/04 ... u-citizen/
This is different than a UK domestic law visa. But after you have worked in Ireland with them with you, then those same rules will also apply to your subsequent reentry to the UK.

http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2007/04 ... ional-law/ is about Singh and about the work you will need to do in Ireland.

I would strongly recommend you get them the Irish visas before you leave for Ireland. You need to plan to be there before them, but that does not have to happen before you get the visa issued.

mdaudkhan

Post by mdaudkhan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:46 pm

So what I understood is that I need to send certified copy of my passport to pakistan with letter that my family will be joining me there in ireland. Once they get visa and then I will travel to ireland alone and after securing job will call them

2nd thing do my family need to be there for 3 months with me then we can apply under singh rule or we can apply after 3 months of my residence in ireland?

Thanx v much

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:08 am

mdaudkhan wrote:Once they get visa and then I will travel to ireland alone and after securing job will call them
You do not have to have secured a job before having them come to Ireland. It is up to you and your wife to decide when they come to Ireland.

mdaudkhan

Post by mdaudkhan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:48 am

Thanks for your quick reply. Because I am in uk now . shall I need to send my British passport copy with their visa application and where from I should need to attest my passport copy? Please let me know. I am very grateful to you for giving me best advice.

mdaudkhan

Post by mdaudkhan » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:20 am

Hi,I am still waiting for your reply. Last time I have asked that I am going to apply Ireland visa for my family so for that do I need to certified my passport copy from any where if yes then who will be the best who certified my copy. Being a British citizen is there any further documents require which I need to attach with my family Ireland visa application? Please let me know. I thing more to clear that I m in uk and my family is in Pakistan. I m going to move in ireland from uk and I want that my family join me there with me. Thanks

mdaudkhan

Post by mdaudkhan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Hi,I am still waiting for your reply. Last time I have asked that I am going to apply Ireland visa for my family so for that do I need to certified my passport copy from any where if yes then who will be the best who certified my copy. Being a British citizen is there any further documents require which I need to attach with my family Ireland visa application? Please let me know. I thing more to clear that I m in uk and my family is in Pakistan. I m going to move in ireland from uk and I want that my family join me there with me. Thanks

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:32 pm

ok,

to apply for an Irish visa, you need to apply online, apply for a class d join eu spouse visa

your spouse needs to send in a copy of the british passport, the job centre / local council can certify it and usually do it for free.

your spouse needs to send in all passports she has (legally she doesnt, but from experience when my wife applied, they demanded her past passports also).

you need marriage certificates... and most importantly...

you need a letter from yourself stating

"my name is ..... i am a british citizen who plans to excersise my EU treaty right to move to IReland on .....date..... When I move ...name... will accompany. She is my spouse as evidenced by our marriage certificate..."

the letter, although silly, is pretty much required as evidence of excersising eu movement rights with the eu citizen.

in pakistan i dont know if the application process is the same, but i would assume its still online, and post all the documents within 30 days.

it took months to get my wifes visa sent back. and even then, only once SOLVIT wrote to the office.

mdaudkhan

Post by mdaudkhan » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi, , thank you very much for your help in my case.

mdaudkhan

Post by mdaudkhan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:32 pm

Update guys. I have consulted a lawyer he is saying either your family have to accompany you from Pakistan or they can join you in Ireland.
But I dont want to accompany them as I will travel from UK. He was saying that you can not apply from UK that they will join you there in ireland. You have to go to pakistan to apply for their visa so they can accompany you or you have to move to Ireland and ask them to apply for their visa to join you.

Please suggest what to do?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:05 am

mdaudkhan wrote:Update guys. I have consulted a lawyer he is saying either your family have to accompany you from Pakistan or they can join you in Ireland.
But I dont want to accompany them as I will travel from UK. He was saying that you can not apply from UK that they will join you there in ireland. You have to go to pakistan to apply for their visa so they can accompany you or you have to move to Ireland and ask them to apply for their visa to join you.
My initial reaction is that the lawyer probably does not understand enough about EU free movement law to be offering advice.

You are the EU citizen and your family will be doing the visa application. They are in Pakistan and so that is where they will apply.

For them to join you in Ireland, you will need to be in Ireland when they arrive. So if they organize to travel on Sept 21, you should arrive there on Sept 20 or before. They will then be "joining" you in Ireland.

You do not need to go to Pakistan. No point really.
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

mdaudkhan

Post by mdaudkhan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:14 am

Thank you very much. For your quick response.

mdaudkhan

Post by mdaudkhan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:48 pm

Can any body please let me know, is there any condition for applying Ireland family joining visa that our marriage relation should be minimum 2 year then we can apply?if a marriage less then two years we can't apply. I shall be grateful to you.

facts

Post by facts » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:33 pm

mdaudkhan wrote:if a marriage less then two years we can't apply.
Never heard of such rule.
mdaudkhan wrote:And if i move there what will be the requirements to apply for my wife and 2 kids under 18.
You must be married for nearly 2 years anyway?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:45 pm

mdaudkhan wrote:Can any body please let me know, is there any condition for applying Ireland family joining visa that our marriage relation should be minimum 2 year then we can apply?if a marriage less then two years we can't apply. I shall be grateful to you.
No. Married is married. You only need to provide a marriage certificate.

Which family members will be travelling to Ireland?

mdaudkhan

Post by mdaudkhan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:17 am

Thanks for your help full reply

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:34 am

Is it just your wife?

mdaudkhan

Post by mdaudkhan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:00 am

My wife with two daughters ll travel to ireland from Pakistan. I m British and they are pakistani.