ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rogerq

spouse visa

Post by rogerq » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:39 pm

My Indonesian wife will soon be applying for a spouse visa so she can join me in England. Will i need to to be present when she applies? If i send photocopies of my passport & birth certificate, will that suffice rather than the orginals?

Strep
Newly Registered

Re: spouse visa

Post by Strep » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:46 pm

Will i need to to be present when she applies?
From previous posts i've read on this forum and advice from IAS..you don't have to be present and copies are ok, although they do prefer originals. Suggest read other posts as very helpful. Good luck.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:51 pm

rogerq, your birth certificate needs to be an original, and it should be a full certificate naming your parents, rather than the short form that does not.

Passport? You need to get a certified copy. Go to any Solicitor or Commissioner of Oaths and say you need a certified copy of the name/pic page, and also any other page that is relevant, for example, any pages showing entry stamps into and out of Indonesia.

Other evidence such as bank statements needs to be originals.
John

Strep
Newly Registered

Spouse visa

Post by Strep » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:03 pm

Passport? You need to get a certified copy. Just goes to show....knowledge thru experience over someone sitting at their desk in IAS office. They told me photocopy ok.