ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

will my partner be refused entry for illegally working

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarah s
Newly Registered

will my partner be refused entry for illegally working

Post by sarah s » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:57 pm

Hi
I posted another subject and maybe posted too much !!

Will my partner be refused entry clearance for illegally working ?
I'm not sure immigration know this, but it does show up on his bank statements for 1 month in may last year.

How can I show evidence I wish to marry my partner ? I am going through a divorce and am sending for my partner on a fiance visa. He cannot be refused due to me being married so long as I can show my divorce is close to the end.

I am travelling with my partner to the embassy in India, does this help ?

any suggestions ?

BATS

Post by BATS » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:41 am

I know of people who have been issued visas who have worked in the UK illegally.

I am going through the process of trying to get my fiance a visa so we can get married in June. We have included a letter from the vicar showing the provisional booking for the wedding, I also have a receipt or my wedding dress which I have ordered.

If you are not having a church wedding then try and get confirmation from where you want to get married e.g. a provisional booking.

I went to the embassy in Albania with my boyfriend. It didn't make a lot of difference and when he has his interview next week they told me I don't need to be there as they won't be asking me any questions and I would have to sit outside the room, so I don't think it matters, but maybe would be nice to give your fiance some moral support.

sarah s
Newly Registered

Post by sarah s » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:08 pm

thanks for replying,

I cant book anything as I am going through a divorce, the church wont do it, and the registery office will not book anything until they see his permission to marry cert.

What I am doing though is booking the place where we will have the ceremony. Paying for the room etc as it is at a hotel, but leaving the date open for when my divorce comes through. I hope they will except this.

I have a plan for the wedding and lists of people who will be attending and will have reciepts and letters from the manager addressed to us stating we have paid and the date has been left open.

I only hope this is enough

thanks sarah

BATS

Post by BATS » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:29 pm

someone elsi I know has booked their wedding reception provisionally, to show they have an intention to marry. As long as you have all the relevant evidence and hit all the required criteria you will be as prepared as you possibly can be.