ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to Abode via naturalisation for adult INDIAN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faislondon
BANNED

Right to Abode via naturalisation for adult INDIAN

Post by faislondon » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Dear Gurus,

I was wondering if an adult could get Right to Abode (COE) through naturalisation route for i.e currently holding ILR status. I understand one needs to get naturalised as a BC after completing 12 months in UK. But what iF one dosent needs British passport (WANTS TO KEEP INDIAN PASSPORT) but wants to keep BC for future purpose? .

Can someone please advise?.

Thank you.
Nothing is permanent whatever you have enjoy it :-)

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:55 pm

You cannot be a citizen of any country and also citizen of India.

If you get any other nationality, then you must surrender your Indian passport and renounce your Indian citizenship within 3 months.

The subject has been discussed a million times before.

There is no loopholes.

If you want to keep your Indian citizenship, then do not become citizen of any other country.

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:59 pm

Hello Ayyubi72,

Ok I got it. But you could have been polite on your comments. I was just seeking advise.
Nothing is permanent whatever you have enjoy it :-)

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:52 pm

faislondon wrote:Hello Ayyubi72,

Ok I got it. But you could have been polite on your comments. I was just seeking advise.
Agreed. I think the tone of voice suggested you were irritated to help, Just an opinion

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:22 pm

faislondon wrote:Hello Ayyubi72,

I did not intend to be impolite. Just that straight clear words get the message across clearly. Also if you trawl through the board, this question gets asked very regularly, gets the same reply, and still gets asked. You can easily find dozens of queries on the same lines in the forum.