ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens after certificate of sponsorship is cancelled?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fuschia13
Newly Registered

What happens after certificate of sponsorship is cancelled?

Post by fuschia13 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:14 am

Hi all
I have the following questions:

1) My employment ends on 15th July 2013, when will my employer cancel the certificate of sponsorship? Before 15th July 2013 with the last date of sponsorship stated as 15th July 2013 OR on the 15th July 2013
PS: I would like them to cancel it as soon as possible - should I tell them to?

2) What happens after the certificate of sponsorship is cancelled? Will UKBA send me a letter asking me to leave? How long will I have? E.g. do they give some time to sort affairs before leave date?

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:25 am

The sponsor is obliged to report within 10 working days of you leaving the job.

The Home Office will then 'curtail' your visa - this will give you 60 days to sort out your affairs and leave. Whether or not you get a letter will depend on whether they have your address. The 60 days starts when they curtail the leave, it doesn't automatically start just because your employer has reported the departure.

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:42 pm

In reality it may take them (UKBA) ages to get round to contacting you.

fuschia13
Newly Registered

Post by fuschia13 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:19 pm

Jeeves wrote:The sponsor is obliged to report within 10 working days of you leaving the job.

The Home Office will then 'curtail' your visa - this will give you 60 days to sort out your affairs and leave. Whether or not you get a letter will depend on whether they have your address. The 60 days starts when they curtail the leave, it doesn't automatically start just because your employer has reported the departure.
Thanks for your response :)

So technically, when does my 'leave to remain' expire? Is it when:

(i) The day my employer withdraws the certificate of sponsorship (via the sponsorship management system)

OR

(ii) The day my employer withdraws the certificate of sponsorship + 60 days (assuming UKBA send me the letter straight away)

OR

(iii) The day when UKBA send me letter + 60 days?

Many thanks for your kind help. I appreciate it :)

awm55
Newly Registered

Post by awm55 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:19 pm

fuschia13 wrote:
Jeeves wrote:The sponsor is obliged to report within 10 working days of you leaving the job.

Thanks for your response :)

So technically, when does my 'leave to remain' expire? Is it when:

(i) The day my employer withdraws the certificate of sponsorship (via the sponsorship management system)

OR

(ii) The day my employer withdraws the certificate of sponsorship + 60 days (assuming UKBA send me the letter straight away)

OR

(iii) The day when UKBA send me letter + 60 days?

Many thanks for your kind help. I appreciate it :)
The 60 days starts from when you receive notification by the UKBA that your leave has been curtailed. Assuming your employer has your most recent address, the UKBA should be able to get your home address from them to send you the letter. From my own experience it could take months for the UKBA to actually contact you though, my employment ended in Feb and I have still not received anything from them...

kmsys
Newly Registered

Re: What happens after certificate of sponsorship is cancell

Post by kmsys » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Dear All,

I know many people might be in confusion about their stay in UK after their sponsorship is cancelled.Here I have answer for you all.
I just called UKBA Enquiries and they are really very good in answering our queries.And today I am out of my tension.

If our employer cancel our sponsorship for whatever reason they notify UKBA. But UKBA will not process our request immediately. They take 1 to 3 months to get around our application.Once they curtail our application then they write a letter to us regarding our stay. So we are allowed to stay until we receive a letter(but make sure UKBA has your correct address). They use the date of curtailment and gives us 60days period after that.

So Our Stay = Sponsorship cancellation date + Curtailment date (1 to 3 months) + 60days.

So do not be sad if your sponsorship is cancelled just try hard to get a new sponsor or contract job(with private sponsor).A minimum of 3 months time is in our hands to look for a new role.

Thank You.

NithyaA
Newly Registered

Post by NithyaA » Mon May 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi,
Please advise if my dependant can still continue to work even after my COS had been cancelled?
If yes, please advise till when they can work ?
Kind Regards
Nithya

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon May 09, 2016 3:37 pm

till their visa ends or the visa is curtailed.

NithyaA
Newly Registered

Post by NithyaA » Mon May 09, 2016 4:45 pm

Thanks for your response.
Just to confirm if my worker cancels my Cos on 30 June 2016;UKBA takes 1-3 months to send us letter(Say July - Sep 2016) and we have 60 days to leave country(say Oct or Nov end).
So can my dependant work till Nov end?
Please do not mind if i am asking the same Q again ? I just want to get it clarified.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:57 pm

Your dependent can work until the last date of the visa curtailment, ie. if you/they have to leave by say 15th November, that is the last day they can work.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NithyaA
Newly Registered

Post by NithyaA » Mon May 09, 2016 7:14 pm

Thank you so much for your response.

NithyaA
Newly Registered

Post by NithyaA » Wed May 11, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi,
Please advise if my termination date is July 31, will my employer inform UKBA immediately(say this month or in June) or after my termination date?
Kind Regards
Nithya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 11, 2016 4:38 pm

after my termination date?
This one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NithyaA
Newly Registered

Post by NithyaA » Tue May 31, 2016 12:20 pm

Hello,
My husband's employer have now got the sponsorship licence to apply Tier 2 General visa for him.
Kindly advise if they will still need to advertise on the internet for vacancy and then apply his work permit or is there any option they do not advertise but still can process his Work permit?

Please also advise on the duration it takes for both these instances?

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 31, 2016 1:28 pm

NithyaA wrote:Hello,
My husband's employer have now got the sponsorship licence to apply Tier 2 General visa for him.
Kindly advise if they will still need to advertise on the internet for vacancy and then apply his work permit or is there any option they do not advertise but still can process his Work permit?

Please also advise on the duration it takes for both these instances?

Regards,
For your dependents employer to sponsor him, they will need to complete the full and proper RLMT process. He has to apply for Tier 2 General from home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

NithyaA
Newly Registered

Post by NithyaA » Tue May 31, 2016 2:40 pm

Thank you for your response.
Do we not have options to get the visa stamped for my dependant in UK itself than going to the home country?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 31, 2016 2:45 pm

NithyaA wrote:Thank you for your response.
Do we not have options to get the visa stamped for my dependant in UK itself than going to the home country?
No, and if there is an element of preselection here as it seems, he most likely won't get the visa....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

NithyaA
Newly Registered

Post by NithyaA » Tue May 31, 2016 4:02 pm

Thanks again.
My last question. I am on Tier 2 general from 2014 and once my husband gets his Cos as Tier 2 General now will it reset our duration for ILR again to 5 years or will it be counted from 2014 ?
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 31, 2016 4:56 pm

It will reset the clock towards ILR.

You/partner cannot combine time on different visa categories to make up 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

canthem44
Newly Registered

Post by canthem44 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:19 pm

Hello CR001

I could see some suggestions regarding the duration UKBA takes to send a curtail letter. Its presumed in 2014 that it will take up to 1-3 months, as per some posts above. I just wanted to confirm is this still the case these days? Or is it happening in within a week or shorter? If the employer cancels the sponsorship on 6th of June 2016, what duration are we looking these days to get the curtail letter from UKBA?

Please help me with some information on this.

Thanks very much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:22 pm

canthem44 wrote:Hello CR001

I could see some suggestions regarding the duration UKBA takes to send a curtail letter. Its presumed in 2014 that it will take up to 1-3 months, as per some posts above. I just wanted to confirm is this still the case these days? Or is it happening in within a week or shorter? If the employer cancels the sponsorship on 6th of June 2016, what duration are we looking these days to get the curtail letter from UKBA?

Please help me with some information on this.

Thanks very much.
It varies and can take a few weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)