ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

acca

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aravindarun
Newly Registered

acca

Post by aravindarun » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:30 pm

Hi guys
Could anyone please help me,I am a ACCA member ,going to applying for entrepreneurs visa in 2 months time,right now I am working for my own limited company for 3 different accountant practices,I don't have practicing certificate but as per ACCA guidelines,if i work for accountancy firms which holds accountancy practice's I don't need to have practice certificate,with in next couple of years,I will get prac certificare. And provide public practice,would I write about getting prac certificate in business plan?could any please did tell me that ACCA is above masters degree and at what nvq level

Thanks

Post by top » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:11 am

well I would say the job you are doing as an accountant is no-doubt level 4 or over that is the 1st thing you continue asking about the certificate that you should have if you practicing as an accountant you in case need to ask yourself or regulators if you are already working lawfully because it is your filed and you should know if you can practice in absence of a certificate if you think it is lawful to work independently and can provide relevant services without having a certificate you are already, you qualify for the occupation to have at level 4 or above as level of the qualification has not got anything to do with the level of the services you provide weather it is ACCA or a Post graduate Degree/qualification.
you need to check it with the UKBA for the English lang. requirement because I do not think ACCA qualification enables you to claims 10 points for the language you may need to have C1 in English competency if ACCA is said to be not qualifying for Automatically 10 points given.

hope above helps..

aravindarun
Newly Registered

Post by aravindarun » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:10 am

hi
thanks for your kind reply,
i spoke to ACCA technical team regarding this issue,they said i can work for accountancy practices with out holding practice certificate given the condition that all practices i work for hold practicing certificate.I have requested them to send everything in writing or in a acca letter headed paper.i have got my Bsc in applied accounting from Oxford brookes university through ACCA,would that be enough for me to claim 10 points.I can show my ACCA and Bsc degree,is this would be sufficient for me to claim 10 points

thanks

entrepreneur123

Re: acca

Post by entrepreneur123 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:41 am

you cannot practice with out ACCA practicing lience if you are its member(its their policy) ofcourse you can work as employee, simple way for you is to get membership of AAT(you will get easily) OR IAB or any other professional body then get their certificate to practice(you can easily show experience, there is not time limit on it). it will take almost 2 months in this process. For IAB next board membership meeting is on 25 july. but again issue is with ACCA, as you are their member, you need to have their certificate of practice or atleast let them now that you hold practicing certificate from other professional body.
aravindarun wrote:Hi guys
Could anyone please help me,I am a ACCA member ,going to applying for entrepreneurs visa in 2 months time,right now I am working for my own limited company for 3 different accountant practices,I don't have practicing certificate but as per ACCA guidelines,if i work for accountancy firms which holds accountancy practice's I don't need to have practice certificate,with in next couple of years,I will get prac certificare. And provide public practice,would I write about getting prac certificate in business plan?could any please did tell me that ACCA is above masters degree and at what nvq level

Thanks

Post by top » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:13 pm

UKBA point calculator at their web site for said Cat. is helpful in this case as it asks you to tell the qualification you hold and institution you had it from and points that you may claim for it..

hope above helps...

hammad1224

Post by hammad1224 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:01 pm

I do not recommend this option. If an ACCA Member seeking AAT practising certificate without ACCA practising certificate, he will in breach of ACCA rules. ACCA do not allow its member to open a public practice without PC under any circumstances. Think 10 times before you do this.

best wishes,
entrepreneur123 wrote:you cannot practice with out ACCA practicing lience if you are its member(its their policy) ofcourse you can work as employee, simple way for you is to get membership of AAT(you will get easily) OR IAB or any other professional body then get their certificate to practice(you can easily show experience, there is not time limit on it). it will take almost 2 months in this process. For IAB next board membership meeting is on 25 july. but again issue is with ACCA, as you are their member, you need to have their certificate of practice or atleast let them now that you hold practicing certificate from other professional body.

Thanks

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:33 am

Agree with hammad1224.
hammad1224 wrote:I do not recommend this option. If an ACCA Member seeking AAT practising certificate without ACCA practising certificate, he will in breach of ACCA rules. ACCA do not allow its member to open a public practice without PC under any circumstances. Think 10 times before you do this.

best wishes,
entrepreneur123 wrote:you cannot practice with out ACCA practicing lience if you are its member(its their policy) ofcourse you can work as employee, simple way for you is to get membership of AAT(you will get easily) OR IAB or any other professional body then get their certificate to practice(you can easily show experience, there is not time limit on it). it will take almost 2 months in this process. For IAB next board membership meeting is on 25 july. but again issue is with ACCA, as you are their member, you need to have their certificate of practice or atleast let them now that you hold practicing certificate from other professional body.

Thanks

Ravi0108
Newly Registered

ACCA QUALIFIED

Post by Ravi0108 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 am

DISAGREE WITH MAJOR ARGUMENTS....

You can run your your own accountancy practice but you can not provide certain service, such as final accounts, tax advice and audit.

KEEP IT SIMPLE - You can show your business plan to provide bookkeeping services ... such as VAT, Payroll, Management accounting etc...DON'T FORGET IT IS VERY POPULAR BUSINESS NOW DAYS SPECIALLY PAYROLL(RTI)... You can get this guide line from ACCA easily that what you can do and what you can not...

TO ADD VALUE - you can show your link to some legal practices.

Good luck and all the best...

REMEMBER ALL THE AGENTS ARE FOOL >> DO YOUR 58 PAGES READING FROM UKBS TIER 1 GUIDELINE...