ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help pls

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ujjal

Urgent help pls

Post by ujjal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:32 am

Hello I enter in uk in 2009 with my dependent on tier 4 visa. My dependant Apply for the tier-2 visa after 15 month of application. Now my question is
1 I have my 10 month daughter and I am doing MBA. But now want to switch from student to tier2 dependent . In this case do I need to leave the country?

2 the COS that sponsor issued was for three year and 2 month but as application was held for 15 month in home office they issued visa for just 22 month which is just end date in cos plus two month. How how the year is counted? I mean for next time do I need to apply for 2 years or just for three years?

Really need help

kaymadi
Newly Registered

Post by kaymadi » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:54 am

1 yes you have to apply from home country and get entry clearance again when you switch from dependent to new category.

COS is the cert of sponsorship which is mainly issued for 3 months by the employer to be used with your application in 3 months. if you on about the visa then you need to see the date its valid from and untill when then calculate how many years left for ILR etc.