ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 form/documents questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

obormot
Member of Standing
France

EEA 2 form/documents questions

Post by obormot » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:41 am

This board was very useful for me as I successfully applied for my 68 old mother's EEA family permit to come with me to UK (I have French passport). Thank you everybody.
I finally arrived to UK, I am preparing the EEA 2 application for my mother, and I have some questions.

1) Is it helpful for my mother's EEA 2 if I also apply for EEA 1? If it is so, is it OK to apply in the same envelope and to send only one set of documents (like employment letter, etc)? <paying or not additional £55 is not a big issue, if it can help>
2) The EEA 2 form has 28 pages, but only few of them are relevant (some are instructions, some are sections which do not apply for our case, like sections 2,4,5,7,8,9). Should I send all 28 pages, or only those completed?
3) They ask for the "proof of residence". The only thing I have now is the letter from my employer (who is a University), that we are given a temporary apartment for 6 weeks (which we paid in advance). My mother's name is included in this letter. Would it be enough? (some banks here refused to accept this letter as the proof of address).
I could ask my employer to rewrite this letter, if I would know what is important to state there.
4) What would be good documents to show dependency?
My mother lived with me as a member of our household in the USA for last 6 years, and I got proofs of that (like home/car insurance with both our names, our driving licenses, all with same address).
I do not have any proofs of financial dependency. My mother never had a bank account, and I never "sent" her any money. She was an authorized user on my US credit card account (means she got a card on her name with the same number as mine, and all bills went to me), but her name is nowhere on statements/account information.
She is retired widow and does not have any means of her own.
What would be a good way to proceed?
5) Should I try to open a joint bank account with her here in UK? We got one for me and my husband, we could even try to add her there, though would prefer not to.. (I am even not sure it is feasible, we had a lot of difficulties opening an account, as banks were not happy with proof of address; finally one bank opened the account without it, but only because we had European passports - not the case for my mother)

I would be very grateful for any help.
Thank you.