ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help me with solicitors.. Plz.. Urgent!!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sam1128
Newly Registered

Help me with solicitors.. Plz.. Urgent!!

Post by sam1128 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:35 am

Hello everyone!!

My visa got refused on the basis of not submitting the "current appointment report".. I wanna go for appeal, can u guys plz help me in suggesting good solicitors in London.. guys i have time only till this friday, so plz help me with this mess..

Thanks!!
Sam

KickAss
Member of Standing

Re: Help me with solicitors.. Plz.. Urgent!!

Post by KickAss » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:50 pm

sam1128 wrote:Hello everyone!!

My visa got refused on the basis of not submitting the "current appointment report".. I wanna go for appeal, can u guys plz help me in suggesting good solicitors in London.. guys i have time only till this friday, so plz help me with this mess..

Thanks!!
Sam
You have done this mistake before and you are asking for it again.
Solicitors are mostly flesh eating vultures. If you would have gone through policy guidelines , CAR was one of the most important documents.
Anyways I am not here to make you feel bad but to help you.

If I were you I will read the policy guidelines and resubmit a fresh application, you will easily win this by appeal, but it will take months to do that.
It will take you 3-4 hrs to go through policy doc carefully and you can then reapply in 1-2 days.
You must use this forum to get help and trust me Guru's in this forum will be able to help you in much better way than solicitors.
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

jmoha

Post subject: Re: Help me with solicitors.. Plz.. Urgent!!

Post by jmoha » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:42 pm

Sam,

You are an UK degree graduate. Go and see the solicitors yourself, ask them to show their previous work and grounds. Talk to them personally,Discuss your points and argue how they are going to win. Ask them if they have won on similar refusals and Judge them...

It will make you more confident on your own case...

ALL THE BEST......

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:53 pm

make sure you read your t1e guide before getting a so-illict-or so you can find out if he knows what he is doing
Last edited by monolyte on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:20 pm

Hardly helpful advice and please don't SHOUT.

sam1128 I'm sending you a PM

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:25 pm

cool

kandycity
Newly Registered

Post by kandycity » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:03 pm

This is another example for greedy solicitors in London. I don't find any difference between not submitting Current Appointment Letter and not submitting completed application form as this is a major requirement in this visa category.

In my own case, I did not allow my solicitor to deal with any of my documents and I had prepared all of them myself which any PSW holder can do if read and follow the policy guidance carefully. I also completed the application form myself as I had not used a solicitor service before and I was confident about doing this without rely on someone else. Unfortunately this Idiot still done some mistakes on my partner's application which caused both applications to get refused after charging £2500 each of us.
This is common for over 90% solicitors in London area and the main reason for this is, higher number of applicants they get everyday and not paying attention to each and individual applications. So even we pay money to them still we must take care about our own application as failure to do so can lead to cost another couple of thousands for going for court appeals.

In your case, as the reason is very straightforward and nothing to argue in a court, I would recommend you to make paper base appeal yourself along with the missing document, without using any solicitor service, saving lot of money. But if you are not sure about doing it yourself, then there won't be any option. But be careful, if you see a solicitor, he will ask you to go for oral appeal as he can charge you lot which is not seem to be required in your case.

Good luck

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:13 pm

agree with Kandycity but I think instead of paper based appeal he should go for oral hearing I know its a bit of extra money but its better as you will be present face to face and can argue and raise your concern and point.

@ kandycity have you had any update from the HO yet after your appeal hearing.

looking forward to hear from you

reagards
kandycity wrote:This is another example for greedy solicitors in London. I don't find any difference between not submitting Current Appointment Letter and not submitting completed application form as this is a major requirement in this visa category.

In my own case, I did not allow my solicitor to deal with any of my documents and I had prepared all of them myself which any PSW holder can do if read and follow the policy guidance carefully. I also completed the application form myself as I had not used a solicitor service before and I was confident about doing this without rely on someone else. Unfortunately this Idiot still done some mistakes on my partner's application which caused both applications to get refused after charging £2500 each of us.
This is common for over 90% solicitors in London area and the main reason for this is, higher number of applicants they get everyday and not paying attention to each and individual applications. So even we pay money to them still we must take care about our own application as failure to do so can lead to cost another couple of thousands for going for court appeals.

In your case, as the reason is very straightforward and nothing to argue in a court, I would recommend you to make paper base appeal yourself along with the missing document, without using any solicitor service, saving lot of money. But if you are not sure about doing it yourself, then there won't be any option. But be careful, if you see a solicitor, he will ask you to go for oral appeal as he can charge you lot which is not seem to be required in your case.

Good luck