ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Tier 1 General) covering letter - Urgent!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cgp
Newly Registered

Post by cgp » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:46 pm

Is there any I can look into? Unable to find one.

Janjua76
Newly Registered

Re: ILR (Tier 1 General) covering letter - Urgent!

Post by Janjua76 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:42 pm

cgp wrote:Is there any I can look into? Unable to find one.
Here is one which I used. I included my work history too. You can edit according to your circumstances.

To

(write UKBA Address for postal applications or PEO address for inperson applications)

02 May 2013

Subject: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, xxx xxx Janjua, DOB: xxxxx, Passport Number: xxxxx, wish to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. I arrived in the United Kingdom on xx July 2008 on HSMP Visa which was granted on xx May 2008.

I started my first job in the UK as a QC Scientist with xxxxx Ltd. where I worked for a year (xxxx), and contributed towards xxxxxx.

After leaving xxxx, I joined xxxx on xxx as a Senior QC Analyst based at xxxxxx, Cardiff. Since then, I have been contributing xxxxx activities in the QC department.

I intend to live permanently in the United Kingdom. I currently hold the immigration status of Tier 1 General (residence permit on page 07 of my Passport No. xxxxx), which was issued on xx May 2010 and is due to expire on xx May 2013.

I meet the following requirements for attributes and continuous residence within the UK, while being economically active:

•Age: At the time of initial HSMP application: xx years (20 points)
Evidence attached: Passport
•Qualification: Bachelor of Pharmacy (30 points)
Evidence attached: Original Certificate of award
•Previous Earnings: Average gross salary for last 12 months: £xxx (25 points)
Evidence attached: (i) Payslips and (ii) Bank statements, from May 2012 to April 2013
•UK Experience: I have been employed within the UK (5 points)
Evidence attached: P60s; Employment letters; Payslips
•Life in the UK Test: Pass Notification Letter attached

In view of the above, I would be obliged if you kindly grant me Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Please find enclosed the application form SET (O) along with all the necessary documents in support of the above application.

Thank you in advance for your consideration in this matter.

Yours faithfully

xxx xxx Janjua
(write your full postal address and contact number/email here)

Janjua76
Newly Registered

Post by Janjua76 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:50 pm

A gap of up to 90 days is allowed by the UKBA between entry clearance and date of first entry. So you're covered by this allowance.
You can add a statement explaining this gap and any other absences from the UK in your covering letter. Below is the extract from my covering letter. Add this in the letter after the attributes.

"..•Continuous Residence: I entered the UK on xx July 2008 with a 45 days gap between the grant of entry clearance and the time of entry. Since then, I have been lawfully residing in the UK and have been out of country only for personal trips. My total absences from the UK are 66 days (discarding dates of departure and arrival). As per the guidance – “Indefinite Leave to Remain: Calculating Continuous period in the UK (v8.0)”, valid from 06th April 2013, may I humbly request you to kindly count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date I entered the UK towards the five years qualifying period."

Soul&Karma
Newly Registered

TIER 1 - Absence Query

Post by Soul&Karma » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi All,

This is for my wife. She is in Tier 1 General visa.

My query:

Is the delayed entry ( visa issued to the date of Entry to Uk in my wife's case it is 75 days) classed as absence for that year or the absence starts after arriving to UK?

visa issued - 21-Jul-2008 Initial entry - 05-Oct-2008 ( Gap 75 Days from visa issual date )

The following is the list of absences for the past years.

Year 5- 21-Jul-08 to 20-Jul-09 - 71 (Days outside UK)

Year 4- 21-Jul-09 to 20-Jul-10 - 61 (Days outside UK)

Year 3- 21-Jul-10 to 20-Jul-11 - 83 (Days outside UK)

Year 2- 21-Jul-11 to 20-Jul-12 - 20 (Days outside UK)

Year 1- 21-Jul-12 to 20-Jul-13 - 18 (Days outside UK)

Total 253 Days

Can someone please if she is qualified for ILR. Planning to apply around 31/07/2013.

Thanks for all your help.

Janjua76
Newly Registered

Re: TIER 1 - Absence Query

Post by Janjua76 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:25 pm

Soul&Karma wrote:Hi All,

This is for my wife. She is in Tier 1 General visa.

My query:

Is the delayed entry ( visa issued to the date of Entry to Uk in my wife's case it is 75 days) classed as absence for that year or the absence starts after arriving to UK?

visa issued - 21-Jul-2008 Initial entry - 05-Oct-2008 ( Gap 75 Days from visa issual date )

The following is the list of absences for the past years.

Year 5- 21-Jul-08 to 20-Jul-09 - 71 (Days outside UK)

Year 4- 21-Jul-09 to 20-Jul-10 - 61 (Days outside UK)

Year 3- 21-Jul-10 to 20-Jul-11 - 83 (Days outside UK)

Year 2- 21-Jul-11 to 20-Jul-12 - 20 (Days outside UK)

Year 1- 21-Jul-12 to 20-Jul-13 - 18 (Days outside UK)

Total 253 Days

Can someone please if she is qualified for ILR. Planning to apply around 31/07/2013.

Thanks for all your help.
Hi Soul&Karma

I think your wife will be fine. She is totally eligible to apply for ILR.

Even if the delayed entry is counted as absence, the total absences for the first year will be 146 days which is less than the maximum limit of 180 days for any 12 month period.
She will have to get a letter from her employer for all the absences after arriving into the UK. The letter should state that the absences were for personal trips (covered by paid annual leave) or work related, whatever the case.

Soul&Karma
Newly Registered

ILR absence query

Post by Soul&Karma » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:04 am

Thanks Janjua76