ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT dependent To Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manishd
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT dependent To Tier 2 General

Post by manishd » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi All,

Currently I am working on Tier 2 ICT short term visa which will expire in Dec-2013. My wife is with me on Tier 2 dependent visa. I have 5 queries now.

1. Can she work on dependent visa now and after Dec-2013?

2. After Dec-2013 , Can she apply for Tier 2 General visa within UK?

3. If not , then can she apply for Tier 2 General visa from our home country or she need to serve 12 months cooling off period?

4. If she got Tier 2 general visa , Can I apply Tier 2 general dependent visa or I have to serve 12 month cooling off period?

5. If i got dependent visa , can I work in software industry? I mean does companies accept Tier 2 general dependent visa holder?

6. My tier 2 dependent visa will be valid till my wife will work on tier 2 general or she can left the job and I can continue my job?

Hope to reply soon :)

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 ICT dependent To Tier 2 General

Post by manci » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:21 pm

manishd wrote:Hi All,

Currently I am working on Tier 2 ICT short term visa which will expire in Dec-2013. My wife is with me on Tier 2 dependent visa. I have 5 queries now.

1. Can she work on dependent visa now and after Dec-2013? she can only work while she has a valid visa. The validity of her visa is probably the same as yours, i.e. to Dec 13.

2. After Dec-2013 , Can she apply for Tier 2 General visa within UK? no

3. If not , then can she apply for Tier 2 General visa from our home country yes or she need to serve 12 months cooling off period? no cooling-off for her

4. If she got Tier 2 general visa , Can I apply Tier 2 general dependent visa yes or I have to serve 12 month cooling off period? no cooling-off for you

5. If i got dependent visa , can I work in software industry? I mean does companies accept Tier 2 general dependent visa holder? there are no restrictions on where PBS dependants can work

6. My tier 2 dependent visa will be valid till my wife will work on tier 2 general or she can left the job and I can continue my job? your dependant visa will be valid until hers

Hope to reply soon :)

manishd
Newly Registered

Post by manishd » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi Manci,

Thank you very much for quick and concise reply. :)

Just want to know more about point 6.

1. If she will left the job , will her visa invalid?

2. When and how can I apply for Tier 2 General after getting Tier 2 dependent visa?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:30 pm

manishd wrote:Hi Manci,

Thank you very much for quick and concise reply. :)

Just want to know more about point 6.

1. If she will left the job , will her visa invalid? if she leaves her job and doesn't get another one her visa will be curtailed.

2. When and how can I apply for Tier 2 General after getting Tier 2 dependent visa?by getting a T2G CoS and applying for entry clearqanace from your home country. Note that cooling-off will still apply in respect of your T2 ICT leave, i.e. you wouldn't be able to apply for T2G entry clearance for 12 months after Dec 13.

manishd
Newly Registered

Post by manishd » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi Manci,

Thanks for reply. I could not understand your reply on point 2.

My question was ; if my wife and I start work in UK on T2G and T2G dependent respectively from Jan-2014 and after 5-6 months if she want to leave the job, then can I apply for T2G within UK or I can't apply for T2G.

My main concern is to get T2G and I want to go through this way to just to escape from 12 month cooling off period.

Is it possible :?:

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:27 pm

manishd wrote:Hi Manci,

Thanks for reply. I could not understand your reply on point 2.

My question was ; if my wife and I start work in UK on T2G and T2G dependent respectively from Jan-2014 and after 5-6 months if she want to leave the job, then can I apply for T2G within UK or I can't apply for T2G. you can only apply from your home country

My main concern is to get T2G and I want to go through this way to just to escape from 12 month cooling off period. Is it possible? If you stayed with your current sponsor you could apply (from your home country) for entry clearance as T2 ICT Long Term Staff without cooling-off provided you meet the requirements for Long Terms Staff (e.g. min. salary £40,600)

manishd
Newly Registered

Post by manishd » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:40 pm

I am far from 40600 and could not be touch in 2-3 years, that is why I am looking for T2G option.

One other option is 152,100 PA job.
It is not possible in permanent job but yes in contractor.
If I get 585 pd ( 152100 / 52 = 2925 PW -- 2925/5=585 pd) contract then may be I can get Tier 2 visa.

What you think? Or is there any other -ve point in this for me? :?

avipul
India

Post by avipul » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi Experts,

I am on ICT (Short term) since Jul-13, with my wife as my dependent. We are going to get the same converted into ICT Long term in Jul-14 from India, with my wife continuing as a dependent. My wife is preparing for PLAB and hoping to join an NHS Foundation program sometime at the end of 2014.

I have the following doubts-
1. Her visa is endorsed with 'No employment as doctor in training'. Do NHS Foundation programs (FY1/FY2) count as Doctor in training? Is she eligible for this program on her current visa?
2. If no, Any idea if NHS Trust Hospitals are allowed to sponsor doctors under T2 General Category for Foundation program?
3. Can she apply for converting to T2 General visa from UK? Or does she need to do it from India?
4. Can I apply for her T2 dependent from UK?

Thanks,
Vipul

avipul
India

Post by avipul » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi experts,

I have some doubts that I need clarified. Appreciate if you can guide. Here is my visa history for the UK-

ICT Short Term with family- stayed in the UK from 15/07/13 to 11/07/14
Applied for ICT Long Term from Home country
ICT Long Term with family- been in The UK since 25/08/14 (visa valid until 31/01/15, employer planning to apply for extension of the same)

My wife has recently received a job offer and the employer is willing to give her a Tier 2 General CoS for an year.

Queries-
1. I understand she has to apply for Tier 2 from Home Country and cooling off period doesn't apply. Is that right?
2. As for myself, if I choose to switch to T2 General Dependent, can I do it from the UK? Does a cooling-off period apply?
3. Is it alright if the main applicant gets visa in Home Country while the dependent applies in The UK?
3. Can I continue in my current job and assignment on T2 General dependent visa?