ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and GOOD character

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JS28
Member of Standing

ILR and GOOD character

Post by JS28 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi All,

I am hoping for some answers here. I know that one of the requirements for the 10 years route is evidence of 'good character'.

Do they look at hospital records? I was sent to hospital twice, one was I found unconscious on the road and the second was suicidal cases but I suffered from severe depression.

Also, I was given a PCN last year.

I hope to hear from you

Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:30 pm

. They look at the general grounds for refusal. Your medical records are private and they would not be disclosed to anyone without special consent or a court order. Although, if the police were involved it may be recorded on the PNC. The PCN is not an admission of guilt nor conviction so should have no significant bearing.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:39 pm

D4109125 wrote:. They look at the general grounds for refusal. Your medical records are private and they would not be disclosed to anyone without special consent or a court order. Although, if the police were involved it may be recorded on the PNC. The PCN is not an admission of guilt nor conviction so should have no significant bearing.
Hi Guru,

I was at the hospital so cannot remember if the police were involved. Will the PNC affect my application for an ILR?

How can I find out if i have a record on the PNC?

Thanks

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:48 pm

D4109125 wrote:. They look at the general grounds for refusal. Your medical records are private and they would not be disclosed to anyone without special consent or a court order. Although, if the police were involved it may be recorded on the PNC. The PCN is not an admission of guilt nor conviction so should have no significant bearing.
Also, will this normally be checked by UKBA if you apply for any type of Visa? I have recently got my Tier 2 but I was issued the visa.

Should I be worried about it?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:24 pm

For ILR then the general grounds for refusal come into play. I would be surprised if you were rejected.

You can contact your local police station and request a SAR for any information held on the PNC.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

paba89

Post by paba89 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:06 am

D4109125 wrote:For ILR then the general grounds for refusal come into play. I would be surprised if you were rejected.

You can contact your local police station and request a SAR for any information held on the PNC.
Last edited by paba89 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:08 pm

paba89 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:For ILR then the general grounds for refusal come into play. I would be surprised if you were rejected.

Hi

Is there any charges for SAR? I lived in London 6 years back, Do I need to get SAR fromm there too or Is it enough to get it from the one I am currently living?

Please reply.
For PNC data any police station will do, for local police information, then the local force. There is a statutory £10 charge.

paba89

Post by paba89 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Last edited by paba89 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

paba89

Post by paba89 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:15 am

aswell.
Last edited by paba89 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:46 am

For CCJs you need to check trust online (click).

I also suggest you check you credit report for outstanding debts.