ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Supporting Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JulietKDelhi
Newly Registered

ILR Supporting Documents

Post by JulietKDelhi » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi folks,

As my husband and I have no bills etc in joint names, I am wondering if the below can be submitted from my side for my '6'. I have read the detail in section 11 however I am unsure if I can provide some of the below

Any help appreciated!

TV License
Bank Statement
P45 Part 1A
P60
Letter from DVA (regarding ownership of car)
Car Log Book (Registration Certificate)
Dog License (Letter from local council)
Letter from PSNI (Police Service of Northern Ireland) informing me of a victim support service available

Thank you!!!

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:40 am

You need 6 letters from 3 sources spread over each co-habiting year. Government letters are preferred along with bank statements, bills, medical cards, payslips, HMRC docs, tenancy agreements, Council letters etc

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:34 am

That's not accurate. I assume this is a set(m) application. What you need is for roughly every 4 months of the 2 years you need one joint letter or a letter each from a total of at least 3 different sources. What you have indicated seems more than adequate, the key is spreading them (date wise), evenly.

Use the SCS (click) if you can.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi,

Do we needs to submit the passport copy of alll pages along with the application ?

VKhetmar
Newly Registered

Post by VKhetmar » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Yes, as per form you need to take copies of all pages.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:16 am

nm wrote:Hi,

Do we needs to submit the passport copy of alll pages along with the application ?
If your going PEO take copies of every document ur submitting they will give u two folders one for originals one for copies.

JulietKDelhi
Newly Registered

Thank you!

Post by JulietKDelhi » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Thank you for your help folks :D

JulietKDelhi
Newly Registered

Documents query

Post by JulietKDelhi » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi folks - can we definitely use payslips and a dog license letter as proof of address?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:11 pm

So long as they have got name, address and date. Perhaps take an alternative as well.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:51 pm

JulietKDelhi wrote:Hello all

We have various queries regards the SET (M) form which we would really appreciate your help with! My husband (Indian) is applying for his ILR to stay with me in the UK

1. My husband will have been in the UK for 2 years on the 22nd October 2013, however his VISA (Spouse VISA 2 years) expires on the 28th October 2013. This means we have a window of 6 days in which to submit our application (we will do this at the Public Enquiry Office, Belfast) I am concerned about this - if we have made the application and are in possession of the 'interview' date, can my husband stay in the UK and also can he stay working in the UK if the date is after the 28th October (which it is likely to be?)

2. Biometric Test - My husband is intending to enrol his biometric information through the post office - is he required to have this information when we submit our application to the Public Enquiry Office?

3. Section 2.27 - Joint financial responsibilities: Does this relate only to the like of mortgages etc or can we detail here things like rent (I realise this is covered in section Cool

4. Section 8B - Extra detail: Is it suitbale to put personal information in this section, for example that we are dog owners/my own issues regards living in India again (safety/career restrictions)

Any help much appreciated and thank you in advance!!!

JulietK
CR001 wrote:Hello all

We have various queries regards the SET (M) form which we would really appreciate your help with! My husband (Indian) is applying for his ILR to stay with me in the UK

1. My husband will have been in the UK for 2 years on the 22nd October 2013, however his VISA (Spouse VISA 2 years) expires on the 28th October 2013. This means we have a window of 6 days in which to submit our application (we will do this at the Public Enquiry Office, Belfast) I am concerned about this - if we have made the application and are in possession of the 'interview' date, can my husband stay in the UK and also can he stay working in the UK if the date is after the 28th October (which it is likely to be?) If you do an application at a PEO, you will get the outcome of the application on the day and receive the biometric residence permit with ILR about a week or 2 after the appointment. Your husband can apply up to 28 days before his 2 year residency anniversary, so anytime after 25th or 26th September. He needs to apply before his visa expiry date otherwise you might encounter problems and he probably won't be allowed to work.

2. Biometric Test - My husband is intending to enrol his biometric information through the post office - is he required to have this information when we submit our application to the Public Enquiry Office? Biometrics are done on the day when he attends the PEO and is part of the process in submitting his application on the day. He does not have to do this beforehand.

3. Section 2.27 - Joint financial responsibilities: Does this relate only to the like of mortgages etc or can we detail here things like rent (I realise this is covered in section Cool Any joint responsibilities : rent, gas, electric, council tax, etc

4. Section 8B - Extra detail: Is it suitbale to put personal information in this section, for example that we are dog owners/my own issues regards living in India again (safety/career restrictions) Not necessary to provide information that is not relevant if it is a straightforward application.

Any help much appreciated and thank you in advance!!!

JulietK
JulietKDelhi wrote:Much appreciated and has massively put our minds at rest - thank you again!

JulietKDelhi
Newly Registered

SET M Proof of living together - documents list

Post by JulietKDelhi » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi folks,

My hubby and I have our SET M appointment on Tuesday and are compiling the list of documents for proof of living together. It would be massively appreciated if anyone could review the below for us (we also had LOADS of alternatives, just want to show the list we will 'officially' be submitting below)

We arrived in October 2011

1 JOINT Notarised Tenancy agreement Oct 2011
2 HUSBANDS NAME Bank Letter Jan 2012
3 WIFE NAME P45 April 2012
4 HUSBANDS NAME Bank letter (different bank than letter in '2') July 2012
5 HUSBANDS NAME DVA Letter accompanying License Oct 2012
6 WIFES NAME Dog License Letter from council NOV 2012
7 WIFES NAME DVA Car Registration document dated FEB 2013
8 HUSBANDS NAME P45 April 2013
9 WIFES NAME TV License June 2013
10 JOINT Bank statement Sept 2013

I am conscious we are using proof from both of us 2 months running however it is due to availability of 'evidence'...

Any input would be massively appreciated - we both have payslips and it has been advised on here they can be used however I am cautious as SECTION 11 DOCUMENTS does not list payslips

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:52 pm

JulietKDelhi wrote:Hi folks,

My hubby and I have our SET M appointment on Tuesday and are compiling the list of documents for proof of living together. It would be massively appreciated if anyone could review the below for us (we also had LOADS of alternatives, just want to show the list we will 'officially' be submitting below)

We arrived in October 2011

1 JOINT Notarised Tenancy agreement Oct 2011
2 HUSBANDS NAME Bank Letter Jan 2012
3 WIFE NAME P45 April 2012
4 HUSBANDS NAME Bank letter (different bank than letter in '2') July 2012
5 HUSBANDS NAME DVA Letter accompanying License Oct 2012
6 WIFES NAME Dog License Letter from council NOV 2012
7 WIFES NAME DVA Car Registration document dated FEB 2013
8 HUSBANDS NAME P45 April 2013
9 WIFES NAME TV License June 2013
10 JOINT Bank statement Sept 2013

I am conscious we are using proof from both of us 2 months running however it is due to availability of 'evidence'...

Any input would be massively appreciated - we both have payslips and it has been advised on here they can be used however I am cautious as SECTION 11 DOCUMENTS does not list payslips

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:54 pm

You should have one joint letter or a letter each for the following months if you can:

Oct 2011
Feb 2012
Jun 2012
Oct 2012
Feb 2013
Jun 2013
Oct 2013

As you have pretty much done that you should be ok.

Also, from a total of at least 3 different sources, which again you have.

JulietKDelhi
Newly Registered

Post by JulietKDelhi » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:01 pm

Great - thank you for the help! JK

JulietKDelhi
Newly Registered

'Other Documents'

Post by JulietKDelhi » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi all (again!) Finalising our application and we are on the final page - Photographs and Documents Checklist. I am confused regards the 'Other Documents' part - is this where we would list the documents which we have in our seperate names for proof of living together? (i.e. not joint)

We are also going to put here letter confirming savings amount

Would we also put in here the additional 'back up' documents we have? As we have a multitude of these, which I was going to provide separately - if they would accept it - with a contents page (listing details). Or else to have on hand of asked for additional docs....

Any help again appreciated!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Just list the documents you are submitting don't include unnecessary documentation it'll just delay your application.

JulietKDelhi
Newly Registered

'Other Documents'

Post by JulietKDelhi » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi all (again!) Finalising our application and we are on the final page - Photographs and Documents Checklist. I am confused regards the 'Other Documents' part - is this where we would list the documents which we have in our seperate names for proof of living together? (i.e. not joint)

Would we also put in here the additional 'back up' documents we have? As we have a multitude of these, which I was going to provide separately - if they would accept it - with a contents page (listing details). Or else to have on hand of asked for additional docs....

JulietKDelhi
Newly Registered

'Other Documents'

Post by JulietKDelhi » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:56 pm

JulietKDelhi
Newly Registered

Post by JulietKDelhi » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:01 pm

Do we need to provide detail on why we do not have 6 pieces of documentation in joint names? Have had a look on here for the answer but cannot find it....

JulietKDelhi
Newly Registered

Post by JulietKDelhi » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Also will a notarised copy of tenancy agreement be accepted?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:49 pm

You don't need 6 joint documents. You can use one joint document or a letter each for every 4 months of the last 2 years, from a total of at least 3 different sources, a notarised copy is acceptable.

Ishtiaq2014
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by Ishtiaq2014 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Amber_ wrote:You don't need 6 joint documents. You can use one joint document or a letter each for every 4 months of the last 2 years, from a total of at least 3 different sources, a notarised copy is acceptable.
Hi Amber, After reading your post, to my understanding only one document with joint names should be sufficient to cover a period of 4 months. In other situation two single named documents (husband and wife) to cover 4 months. please correct me if I am wrong. for example
1st 4-months
joint named letter from source A
2nd 4-months
joint named letter from source B
3rd 4-months
joint named letter from source C
4th 4-months
single named letter(husband) from any other source
single named letter (wife) from any other source
5th 4-months
joint named letter from source A
6th 4-months
joint named letter from any other source ( like child birth certificate)

One more thing, what about the bills which we get once a year, and some bills which are available only online.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Supporting Documents

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:54 pm

Yes, but a birth certificate is not a letter.