ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salman83

Wife Citizenship

Post by salman83 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for citizenship in next few months as I am on ILR with five years stay. My wife also got ILR but she stayed in UK for three years.

I am planning to apply for her citizenship right after my citizenship application is done.

My question is that can she go out of UK right now for 2 months.

Thanks & Regards.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:56 pm

You can't apply on your wife's behalf. She will need to apply herself. She can go abroad without affecting her application as long as her absences fall within the limit allowed (90 days in last year, 270 days in the 3 years).

salman83

Post by salman83 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:49 pm

Thanks for the reply.
You can't apply on your wife's behalf
No, she will be applying for the application herself.

When she will apply for the citizenship, she will have 222 days outside UK in last 3 years from the day of the application submitted. But her total days outside UK are 279 since she came to the UK 4 years ago.

Is that OK?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:38 am

For a spouse of BC, only the last 3 years are relevant.