ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence outside UK on Unpaid leave during employment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmpapp

Absence outside UK on Unpaid leave during employment

Post by hsmpapp » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:52 pm

Date of Entry: HSMP Entry Clearance visa in April 2008. Date of travel to UK on 24 Aug-2008. As per ILR rules, the date of entry is 24 Aug, 2008 (correct me if I am wrong).

Switching to Tier1 (General) visa: In Dec 2010, I switched from HSMP to Tier1 (General) migrant visa.

Tier1 (General) visa extension: Feb, 2013 for me and my family

ILR visa: I am planning to apply ILR for myself and my wife soon.

Unpaid leave absence : I travelled to India on 17th Oct, 2012 and returned on 9th Nov, 2012. For this travel, i applied for paid annual leave and 3 day unpaid leave.

Will this break continuity in 5 year qualifying period? I don't have absences more than 180 days in any 12 months.

newbie_2013

Re: Absence outside UK on Unpaid leave during employment

Post by newbie_2013 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:01 am

hsmpapp wrote:Date of Entry: HSMP Entry Clearance visa in April 2008. Date of travel to UK on 24 Aug-2008. As per ILR rules, the date of entry is 24 Aug, 2008 (correct me if I am wrong).

Switching to Tier1 (General) visa: In Dec 2010, I switched from HSMP to Tier1 (General) migrant visa.

Tier1 (General) visa extension: Feb, 2013 for me and my family

ILR visa: I am planning to apply ILR for myself and my wife soon.

Unpaid leave absence : I travelled to India on 17th Oct, 2012 and returned on 9th Nov, 2012. For this travel, i applied for paid annual leave and 3 day unpaid leave.

Will this break continuity in 5 year qualifying period? I don't have absences more than 180 days in any 12 months.
Yes your qualifying period starts on 24th august 2008 as your entry was more than 90 days from the entry clearance stamp.

No you will be fine. if you search this forum there are countless successful cases with unpaid leave and with no employer letter. as long as you are below 180 days threshold, you are fine