ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI benefits

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nehalbhagat

OCI benefits

Post by nehalbhagat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Hello friends,

I thought let me share with all OCI holders....

I was under impression that if my family move back to India after becoming British citizen and obtaining OCI, My child has to study under NRI quota but it is not true.

Information published on Indian High commission website suggest they can study under General catagory,

http://www.indembassyuae.org/drupal/OCI

"v.All facilities as available to children of NRIs for getting admission to educational institutions in India including Medical and Engineering Colleges, Management Institutes etc. under the general category and membership of various housing scheme etc. will be open to holders of Certificate of Registration. "

I did not come across similar paragraph on material published by HCI london

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:28 pm

This is interesting ,,, any takers?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:31 pm

The information is partially correct. Govt has now mandated 15% quota for NRI/PIO/category students in the institute of higher education. 1/3 of this will be further reserved for children of Indian expatriates based in the gulf countries. These students will pay tuition fees as per resident indians. So they be admitted though NRI quota but pay resident indian fees.
For all other NRI/PIO students, NRI fees will be applicable. Hence the news appears only in UAE site and not in HCI.

jkmuk
Newly Registered

Post by jkmuk » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:52 pm

Strange, no one shouting 'discrimination' at this UAE expatriate privilege.