ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srirags

Applying for British Passport

Post by srirags » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:37 pm

Hi

I got my ILR on 11 Oct 2012 - Same day service (2 weeks before my Tier 1 visa)

Can you clarify the below questions please:

1. When I will be eligible for the naturalisation - full completion of 5 years + 1 year on ILR (or) 1 year ILR

2. Can I apply for citizenship while I process my spouse visa.

3. I lost my Life in the UK test certificate but produced the same for my ILR. Is the certificate required again for naturalisation?

Please clarify.

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for British Passport

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:52 pm

srirags wrote:Hi

I got my ILR on 11 Oct 2012 - Same day service (2 weeks before my Tier 1 visa)

Can you clarify the below questions please:

1. When I will be eligible for the naturalisation - full completion of 5 years + 1 year on ILR (or) 1 year ILR - after a full 1 year on ILR, so 6 years in total residence. If your BRP issue date says 11 October 2012, you can apply on 10 October 2013 if you meet all the standard requirements

2. Can I apply for citizenship while I process my spouse visa. Yes and if you use NCS for your citizenship, you will keep your originals

You also need to think about changing the title of your thread as you are not applying for a passport but for naturalisation and this can be confusing for people using the forum.

3. I lost my Life in the UK test certificate but produced the same for my ILR. Is the certificate required again for naturalisation? Read the form, there is a section you can tick that you met the requirement for ILR

Please clarify.

Thanks in advance
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.