ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help , Process for applying as a dependent of an ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RKUK
Newly Registered

Need Help , Process for applying as a dependent of an ILR

Post by RKUK » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:30 am

Dear All,

Please help,

I have applied for my ilr 10 year long residency on April-2013.
biometrics done, waiting for the ILR result.

My query is my wife is on Tier1(PBS) dependent visa , she is in UK with me since May-2009. and we are expecting child on Oct-2013.

Q1: Once I get my ILR, which form do I have to use to apply for my wife's ILR, as she is in UK more then 2 year , can she get ILR or she has to wait for another 2 year for her ILR.
Q2: What about my child's visa ( Due in Oct-13)?

I am really confused ,need your suggestion.

Regards
RK

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:43 am

To be honest it's a bit of 'pot luck' which form your wife should use. Really it ought to be flr(m) then set(m), however, some people have been successful using just set(m) and others set(0). I have sent a request to the Home Office for confirmation on what the options are.

Regarding the child. if s(he) is born in the UK after you are granted ILR then s(he) will be British and you can apply for a passport. If the child is born in the UK before you are granted ILR then the child will be entitled to register as British by virtue of section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act once you have been granted ILR.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

RKUK
Newly Registered

Post by RKUK » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:28 pm

Many Thanks Amber for your reply

which email or phone number do you use to contact HO regarding FLR / FLR dependent queries?

Best Regards
RK