ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Naturalisation Eligibility

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kranthi15

Dependent Naturalisation Eligibility

Post by kranthi15 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:44 am

Dear experts

Me and my wife got PR in Nov 2012, by Nov 2013 I will be eligible for Naturalisation, my wife came to UK in Oct 2010, as she completed 2 years by Nov 2012 she was eligible for PR along with me.

Will she be eligible for Naturalisation as well along with me in Nov 2013??
If not when will she be eligible... any help is much appreciated... any link to official file of UKBA would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent Naturalisation Eligibility

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:48 am

kranthi15 wrote:Dear experts

Me and my wife got PR in Nov 2012, by Nov 2013 I will be eligible for Naturalisation, my wife came to UK in Oct 2010, as she completed 2 years by Nov 2012 she was eligible for PR along with me.

Will she be eligible for Naturalisation as well along with me in Nov 2013??
If not when will she be eligible... any help is much appreciated... any link to official file of UKBA would be much appreciated.
Technically no, she will have to wait until she has been resident for 5 years or 3 years once you are granted British Citizenship. Given that you will become British there is discretion for the caseworker to consider her case as if you were British (as you will be granted such) and allow the joint application. Whether you are willing to take a risk is up to you.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:03 pm

Have you read the FAQ before posting?

See Q1 & Q2 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.