ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

National Checking service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nicenouman82
Newly Registered

National Checking service

Post by nicenouman82 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a query for you.

If i apply for citizenship will i be able to keep my Biometric resident permit?

I have to travel due to work so. i know important document includes passport but it does not say it includes the Biometric resident permit or not?

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Nouman

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:57 pm

If you apply through the NCS you keep all of your original documents...they verify them and take copies on the day.

VR

attestation service offered by most lawyers

Post by VR » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:50 pm

Even if you submit through Immigration consultants you need not submit the originals. They take care of it by sending across attested documents.

nathan_nathan

Post by nathan_nathan » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:17 pm

NCS charges around £50 .. but I dont think you can get a solicitor or immigration consultant to charge less than that.
Notary publics too charge you over £50. The process through NCS is very easy - mine took less than 30 minutes and they return your passports immediately. So cost wise and convenience wise NCS is a better choice.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Urgent naturalisation query

Post by Son_of_Soil » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:26 am

Hi
Me and my wife want to apply for naturalisation .do we both need to take Life in the Uk test as well as ESOl?
Also, could you please advise us what other documents are needed along with the passport?

My other concern is that we both have booked our holiday and travelling on 31st October?from the above discussion I a. Aware that NCS will return passport on the same day however do we need to be in the country while the processing it? What about the 5 years rule that you need to be in the country ? Is that from the day you submitting your application via NCS?

Please advise
Regards

ban.s

Re: Urgent naturalisation query

Post by ban.s » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:Hi
Me and my wife want to apply for naturalisation .do we both need to take Life in the Uk test as well as ESOl?
Also, could you please advise us what other documents are needed along with the passport?

My other concern is that we both have booked our holiday and travelling on 31st October?from the above discussion I a. Aware that NCS will return passport on the same day however do we need to be in the country while the processing it? What about the 5 years rule that you need to be in the country ? Is that from the day you submitting your application via NCS?

Please advise
Regards
Take a look at the Citizenship FAQ - Common Questions