ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Landlord refusing to give letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sailafie
Newly Registered

Landlord refusing to give letter

Post by sailafie » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of helping my husband apply for his ILR.

I have collected all documents and have booked an appointment at Liverpool PEO to submit our documents in person.

I have been to a solicitor and they advised what documentation to collect and the one thing I have not been able to secure is a letter from the landlord saying that my husband can live with me. The reason is because I did not add him to the tenancy as they were asking for £250 plus VAT to do this.

He has electricity bills in his name, council tax bills, phone bills, bank statements, payslips, letters from HMRC, professional union etc all in his name.

I am very worried that he may get refused ILR because of the landlord not giving this letter.

Please help!

Peace

sailafie
Newly Registered

Post by sailafie » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:04 pm

Really sorry to bump this but I'm in a panic over it. Please can anyone help :)

spssbkp
Newly Registered

Post by spssbkp » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:57 pm

sailafie wrote:Really sorry to bump this but I'm in a panic over it. Please can anyone help :)
I AFAIK dont think that is mandatory. If you have letters from banks etc., addressed to you both in the same address, then that is sufficient proof for cohabilitation.
Just the bank letters is not enough. Please read section 11 heading of SET(M) (just for reference) and that gives more clear information on what UKBA is looking for.
As long as you are able to prove cohablitation via letters addressed to you both and they are spread over different bodies (i.e just not only one bank but a variety like council tax, NHS, HMRC etc.,) that is sufficient. UKBA has not AFAIK taken cohab documents seriously. Dont worry. From what you said, I think those documents as long as they cover the complete period must be fine.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:43 pm

I will not worry about landlord letter, which is not required. If you have many address proofs then those are sufficient. Your landlord (most likely estate) is trying to take advantage of situation. All tenants know that majority of estate agents are liar and greedy and next to useless.
sailafie wrote:Really sorry to bump this but I'm in a panic over it. Please can anyone help :)

sailafie
Newly Registered

Post by sailafie » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:04 pm

spssbkp and manojk005 thank you so very much. I am hoping everything will be ok.

I tend to stress a lot and just want this PEO appointment to be over and done with (with a positive result obviously :D ).

Have a good day.