ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

H1 B visa for HSMP person

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_immigrant

H1 B visa for HSMP person

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Hi,

I am here in UK for last 10 month on HSMP visa and I got job right away. Now I am planning to move to USA. I am thinking but do not have any information about this.

Can and How can I apply for H1 when I am in UK on HSMP visa?
My wife will be travelling with me to USA as well?
What documentation will be required?
Is it necessary to hire a solicitor to file my case for HSMP.

Thanks and Regards.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:20 pm

The fact that you are currently on HSMP should have no impact on applying for an H1 visa in the US. Hower, remember that you cannot apply for an H1 visa yourself. The company which hires you has to make an application for you.

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:05 am

Thanks for the reply and this does not put any affect on my HSMP even if I am not successful for H1?
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

neel
Newly Registered

Post by neel » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:12 am

Hi hsmp_immigrant,

Could please tell us why are you planning leave UK when you are already on HSMP?

It may help others.

godfather
Newly Registered

Post by godfather » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:54 am

hsmp_immigrant wrote:Thanks for the reply and this does not put any affect on my HSMP even if I am not successful for H1?
You can hold working-visa for more than one countries at the same time.. But, check with some lawyer/consultant for how long you can stay outside UK after working in USA as H1B-holder.. I think this might affect somehow when you apply to renew your HSMP!

But - why do you want to leave UK if already HSMP? And can we know - in which sector you are working? IT? or something else?