ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second Tier 1 visa extension.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guyinlondon

Second Tier 1 visa extension.

Post by guyinlondon » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:53 pm

Query on behalf of my friend

I initially got 3 year Tier 1 (General) visa. I went for an extension in 2011 and got it extended for 2 years.
I have to go for one more extension in order for me to be eligible for ILR in 2015

My questions are:
1. I have 3 + 2 (Entry Clearance + 1st extension), for my 2nd extension due this year, would I be able to get 3 year extension or for 2 years?
2. If I apply for my extension more than 3 months in advance before my current visa expires, would I be able to get my visa extended from the date the current visa expires or from the date I go for my extension?

Thanks,

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Second Tier 1 visa extension.

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:54 pm

guyinlondon wrote:Query on behalf of my friend

I initially got 3 year Tier 1 (General) visa. I went for an extension in 2011 and got it extended for 2 years.
I have to go for one more extension in order for me to be eligible for ILR in 2015

My questions are:
1. I have 3 + 2 (Entry Clearance + 1st extension), for my 2nd extension due this year, would I be able to get 3 year extension or for 2 years?
2. If I apply for my extension more than 3 months in advance before my current visa expires, would I be able to get my visa extended from the date the current visa expires or from the date I go for my extension?

Thanks,
1- 2 years
2- the date you go for extension

guyinlondon

Post by guyinlondon » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:08 pm

If my friend applies exactly three months before the extension. would he be able to get the extension from the date current visa expires

Thanks,

tahirnaveed wrote:

My questions are:

Thanks,
1- 2 years

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:25 pm

guyinlondon wrote:If my friend applies exactly three months before the extension. would he be able to get the extension from the date current visa expires

Thanks,

tahirnaveed wrote:

My questions are:

Thanks,
1- 2 years
No, it's usually from the date of the decision.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

guyinlondon

Post by guyinlondon » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:46 am

Thank you all for your help
mulderpf wrote:
guyinlondon wrote:If my friend applies exactly three months before the extension. would he be able to get the extension from the date current visa expires

Thanks,

tahirnaveed wrote:

My questions are:

Thanks,
1- 2 years
No, it's usually from the date of the decision.