ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please advice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

englishlife

please advice

Post by englishlife » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:59 am

Hi I have applied for Naturalization 1st week of May so if I request my passport back after first week of August will that effect my application ? As I need my passport back to travel outside UK. I have seen home office website and it is mentioned over there dont make any travel plans within 3 months of Application. But as no guarantee when they will decide it so I will ask them to return my passport and then they can make decision whenever they want as their wish. So could you guys give me details advice whether requesting passport will effect my application as withdrawal or not. Because I dont want to withdraw my application. Just simply want my passport back and I think it rakes 20 working days to get the passport back from them. My understanding is asking passport back wont effect the application any way. However I need clarification. Dont want to spend another 900 again.

barnaby

Re: please advice

Post by barnaby » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:13 am

englishlife wrote:Hi I have applied for Naturalization 1st week of May so if I request my passport back after first week of August will that effect my application ? As I need my passport back to travel outside UK. I have seen home office website and it is mentioned over there dont make any travel plans within 3 months of Application. But as no guarantee when they will decide it so I will ask them to return my passport and then they can make decision whenever they want as their wish. So could you guys give me details advice whether requesting passport will effect my application as withdrawal or not. Because I dont want to withdraw my application. Just simply want my passport back and I think it rakes 20 working days to get the passport back from them. My understanding is asking passport back wont effect the application any way. However I need clarification. Dont want to spend another 900 again.
When my wife asked for our documents back last year, the human on the phone said that it might delay the processing of her naturalization application. It ended up taking 8 months. However, we did receive the documents back after only 2 days, not 20.