ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries for ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ns_m
Newly Registered

Post by ns_m » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi,

A quick summary for you: I(main applicant) was granted entry clearance in Jan '09 & my wife(dependant) joined me in dec '09. We were then also granted further leave to remain. By mid december '13 we'll be applying for the indefinite leave to remain.

I had the queries below:

1. On page 2 at the bottom left, there is a point of Biometric enrollment fee? My wife(dependant) & I (main applicant) have already received the Biometric card when we were granted leave to remain. Do I need to register this with a different body other than UKBA?

2. Are there 2 separate forms for Tier 1 (General) migrant main applicant & the dependant whilst applying for ILR. My wife has completed more than 3.6 years in the UK - just want to double check if she would be applying for the ILR using the Set (O) form, same as the main applicant?

3. On page 47, point 11A, 7th checkbox, where my wife and I need to provide an evidence of cohabitation. What evidences would they want?

4. On page 50, "point 11L – is this applicable to me? I have always been on Tier 1 general migrant. If yes", "what additional evidence do I need to provide as they have mentioned evidence in section 9A of this form. They also mention for the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.. I thought this additional evidence was only for people who were previously on non-Tier 1 general migrant visa and then moved to Tier 1 general migrant. I will be providing
**3 months bank statement to cover my wife and me for the maintenance funds
**salary slips for the last 15 months &
**P60's so i'm unclear as to what additional evidence do they require?,

5. On page 57, in listed items continued it says " Documents to support your Tier 1 points assessment" What evidence would that be?

6. Changes to the english language test. Both my wife and i've applied & successfully cleared the LIUK test. Is there any other evidence we require to prove we can speak, understand & write english? We've both been employed for the few years

7.Lastly and the most important on page 14 Section 6 - the new rule (from Dec 2012) about providing evidences for absences. Is that applicable to ALL leaves out of the country? I have a total of 99 days spread over 5 years (not more than 32days at a stretch) and my wife has 72 days spread over 3.7 years (not more than 32days at a stretch)

Thanks in advance

spssbkp
Newly Registered

Re: Queries for ILR application

Post by spssbkp » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:49 pm

ns_m wrote:Hi,

A quick summary for you: I(main applicant) was granted entry clearance in Jan '09 & my wife(dependant) joined me in dec '09. We were then also granted further leave to remain. By mid december '13 we'll be applying for the indefinite leave to remain.

I had the queries below:

1. On page 2 at the bottom left, there is a point of Biometric enrollment fee? My wife(dependant) & I (main applicant) have already received the Biometric card when we were granted leave to remain. Do I need to register this with a different body other than UKBA?
BRP from UKBA is sufficient. There is no further registration of BRP needed.
2. Are there 2 separate forms for Tier 1 (General) migrant main applicant & the dependant whilst applying for ILR. My wife has completed more than 3.6 years in the UK - just want to double check if she would be applying for the ILR using the Set (O) form, same as the main applicant?
The main applicant can apply for his spouse and 2 children along with his application form. So if you are applying together there is no separate form needed.
3. On page 47, point 11A, 7th checkbox, where my wife and I need to provide an evidence of cohabitation. What evidences would they want?
You must provide as much evidences as possible supporting you both lived together for 2 years. For more details look at the heading of section 11 in SET(M) form which gives more information on what documents they require although I am not saying here that you have to use SET(M).
4. On page 50, "point 11L – is this applicable to me? I have always been on Tier 1 general migrant. If yes", "what additional evidence do I need to provide as they have mentioned evidence in section 9A of this form. They also mention for the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.. I thought this additional evidence was only for people who were previously on non-Tier 1 general migrant visa and then moved to Tier 1 general migrant. I will be providing
**3 months bank statement to cover my wife and me for the maintenance funds
**salary slips for the last 15 months &
**P60's so i'm unclear as to what additional evidence do they require?,
Most of the times these are not clear. It is better to keep all 5 years P60 to prove that you have been financially active for 5 years and since you are only on Tier 1 better take all 5 years payslips with you (no need to submit them but give them -IF- they ask).
5. On page 57, in listed items continued it says " Documents to support your Tier 1 points assessment" What evidence would that be?
PBS calculation on how you calculated that you reach enough points to apply for ILR
6. Changes to the english language test. Both my wife and i've applied & successfully cleared the LIUK test. Is there any other evidence we require to prove we can speak, understand & write english? We've both been employed for the few years
Not if you are applying before OCT 2013. After OCT 2013 we dont know and we have to wait for further instructions ... As per the instructions there is no need for any extra documents since you have already proved the english language requirement skill in your previosu tier 1 application. For your wife if you can get a letter from her college of graduation that the medium of instruction is english I think this sufficient. But like I said, I doublt if anyone knows about this yet and only in OCT 2013 we will get further instuctions on what to do about the LITUK.
7.Lastly and the most important on page 14 Section 6 - the new rule (from Dec 2012) about providing evidences for absences. Is that applicable to ALL leaves out of the country? I have a total of 99 days spread over 5 years (not more than 32days at a stretch) and my wife has 72 days spread over 3.7 years (not more than 32days at a stretch)
Yes if you were permanently employed just get a letter from employer listing all absences from UK and that those periods were paid leave. If you are self-employed, write a personal letter. More information about this is in the forums index
Thanks in advance
Thanks in advance

vinny

ILR QUERIES

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:34 am

ns_m wrote:Hi all,

I have a few queries re the ilr application. I will be applying in dec. the queries below:

1. I'm trying to book an appointment for Myself + 1 dependant but it seems that the appointment bookings only open for a max of 5 days for the Croydon office. Anybody else finding the problem or am I doing this wrong?

2. My visa expires on the 6th of Jan. I've completed 4yrs & 10 mths. I'm planning to get an appointment from the 11th dec onwards(depending on which date I get). Am I in the qualifying period of getting the ILR even though I've completed 4.10 yrs in the UK?

Thanks
navalaviator wrote:You can apply 28 days before the expiry of your visa so do the maths and book an appointment accordingly :)
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ns_m
Newly Registered

Post by ns_m » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi all,

thanks. i have managed to book an appointment for a dependant & myself.

The worrying bit is the queries below still stand:

11L. On pg51 Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following documents:
Evidence specified in section 9A of this form
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

On Pg58, table A they have ask"Documents to support your Tier 1 points assessment". When i call the UKBA call centre they say that i need to provide documents when i applied for entry clearance. I'm dont' have all this documentation cause when i applied it was from IND for my entry clearance in 2008.

I'll be applying in Dec & i'm worried that I'm asked to reproduce documents that i used when applying initially. I will have my Uk degree & birth certificate but not necessarily the pay slips from '08, the bank statements. I'm really stressing out at this point

Am i misunderstanding documents i need to provide? Can someone please help

Thanks

krcran06
Newly Registered

Post by krcran06 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:16 pm

RE: LIUK Test

My understanding is if you take it and pass it you have also demonstrated your ability in English (it requires a decent level of English and comprehension to pass)

If you speak no/little English then you would have to take a course to further prove your knowledge of the culture and language.

drdh4
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by drdh4 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:23 pm

navalaviator
Member of Standing wrote :- " You can apply 28 days before the expiry of your visa so do the maths and book an appointment accordingly" ??

Is this correct guys??

I thought it's 28 days before you complete your 5 years??

please correct me..!!

ns_m
Newly Registered

Post by ns_m » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:57 pm

Thank you for all your redponse.

Got my ILR.

:D

ap2013
Newly Registered

Post by ap2013 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:38 pm

ns_m wrote:Thank you for all your redponse.

Got my ILR.

:D

Did you provide any special documents for point 11L ? or they didn't ask anything about this requirement ?

ap2013
Newly Registered

Re: Queries for ILR application

Post by ap2013 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:43 pm

ns_m wrote:Hi all,

thanks. i have managed to book an appointment for a dependant & myself.

The worrying bit is the queries below still stand:

11L. On pg51 Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following documents:
Evidence specified in section 9A of this form
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

On Pg58, table A they have ask"Documents to support your Tier 1 points assessment". When i call the UKBA call centre they say that i need to provide documents when i applied for entry clearance. I'm dont' have all this documentation cause when i applied it was from IND for my entry clearance in 2008.

I'll be applying in Dec & i'm worried that I'm asked to reproduce documents that i used when applying initially. I will have my Uk degree & birth certificate but not necessarily the pay slips from '08, the bank statements. I'm really stressing out at this point

Am i misunderstanding documents i need to provide? Can someone please help

Thanks

Can any senior member please help on the above point on 11L specially for all the documents supplied at very first application.
Thanks in advance.

ns_m
Newly Registered

Post by ns_m » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:59 pm

@ap2013: if you have been on tier1 general through out(like I was) without changing visa categories you wouldn't required any extra documents from your entry clearance days. Just make sure you are being thorough and very clear in your application.

Good luck.

ap2013
Newly Registered

Post by ap2013 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:16 pm

ns_m wrote:@ap2013: if you have been on tier1 general through out(like I was) without changing visa categories you wouldn't required any extra documents from your entry clearance days. Just make sure you are being thorough and very clear in your application.

Good luck.
Thanks ns_m for your response:

Yes I have been on Tier 1(Gen) since I had completed my Masters from here.

Just wondering did you show your degree certificates again to prove the English language requirement? of it would be acceptable as if some had supplied this evidence at the initial Tier 1 application?

Also did you show all 5 years P60s too ?