ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continue With Appeal Or Re-Apply?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Penny_78
Newly Registered

Continue With Appeal Or Re-Apply?

Post by Penny_78 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:42 pm

We were refused a fiancé visa in February 2012 on the grounds the ECO didnt believe we were in a genuine relationship. A bit of back ground my fiancé is an overstayer who I met in the UK, we spent 8 months together before making the decision that he would return (at his own expense) to India to make an application.

You have provided limited evidence of contact, communication or of your relationship with the sponsor in the UK Nor have you provided any evidence or even any indication of when and where you relationship began and in what circumstances. You have only provided a few photos of you and your sponsor together.

Given the background to your relationship lack of personal contact and lack of evidence of regular correspondence between you. I am not satisfied that you have genuinely formed a relationship, that you have been in regular contact and that you relationship is subsisting and durable with genuine outward signs of affection and companionship.
Application refused under paragraph EC-P 1.1 (D) (E-ECP 2.6 7 2.10)

As part of our application we submitted:
Statements from both with a time line of relationship
7 months phone bills
Photos from days out
Photos from engagement
Engagement ring receipts
Receipts from days out
Birthday cards and gift receipts
Letters of support from family and friends

We submitted the appeal paper work in February because at the time we believed there was not much more evidence we could provide if we were to reapply I have recently found out that a hearing date is likely to be for early next year and am now wondering if we could just reapply and see if the additional evidence we have collected since his return will be enough to be successful with a new application. I have evidence of my trip to visit him as well as skype logs, phones records, cards and gifts as well everything submitted first time round.

Anyone think reapplying is better than waiting another 6 months for hearing date?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Yes, you can reapply. Waiting for appeal decision does not stop you from re-applying.

I hope you have all your original documents with you now though?