ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leave UK After Refusal, Request Passport Return Porblem

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tina1987
Newly Registered

Leave UK After Refusal, Request Passport Return Porblem

Post by Tina1987 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:52 pm

Hi all,

My Tier 1 Entrepreneur application (in time application) was refused and I decided not to appeal. The refusal letter states "if you choose not to appeal this decision, or your appeal and the appeal is unsuccessful, you must leave the UK immediately." So I want go back to my country ASAP using my own expense.

Tried to call the local immigration team number provided on the refusal letter million times and nobody seems gonna answer the phone! All my original submitted documents were NOT returned, such as Passport, original degree certificate and bank statements. Will all these documents be returned by the time I left the UK?

If nobody answered the phone , how can I ask my documents back and arrange the flight? Is there a rule that I must leave the UK within 28 or 90 days after refusal date?

All comments are appreciated.

jmoha

re:

Post by jmoha » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:18 am

Hi,

They would have mentioned in the letter, the time limit to leave the country.If not consider as 21days.

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Re: Leave UK After Refusal, Request Passport Return Porblem

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:54 am

You have 28 days to leave UK from the date of your refusal. I dont understand why it says " you must leave the UK immediately "
Tina1987 wrote:Hi all,

My Tier 1 Entrepreneur application (in time application) was refused and I decided not to appeal. The refusal letter states "if you choose not to appeal this decision, or your appeal and the appeal is unsuccessful, you must leave the UK immediately." So I want go back to my country ASAP using my own expense.

Tried to call the local immigration team number provided on the refusal letter million times and nobody seems gonna answer the phone! All my original submitted documents were NOT returned, such as Passport, original degree certificate and bank statements. Will all these documents be returned by the time I left the UK?

If nobody answered the phone , how can I ask my documents back and arrange the flight? Is there a rule that I must leave the UK within 28 or 90 days after refusal date?

desibabu

Post by desibabu » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:33 pm

28 days from the date of refusal....if they are not answering the number they have given on the letter call them on 0870 606 7766( 0151 672 5626)..and request for it...

rsrameshsunil

Post by rsrameshsunil » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:07 pm

try all the numbers available on the refusal letter and keep trying until someone attends to you and points you in the right direction. Basically you will have to first speak to the corresponding person in the UKBA and agree on a date to travel and then you book the ticket and submit the ticket proofs to them as they ask you to.

Regarding the rule. I do not understand from where everyone are quoting the 28 day figure. As per my understanding there is no such rule, the 28 day rule applies only when you make an application as an overstayer. Correct me if i am wrong here.

You must keep trying until you speak to the ukba and book the tickets. I would say probably they will ask for around 20 day window period to return your passport.

And regarding the overstay rule. If you do not leave the country as quickly as possible you will be trouble. And if you overstay more than 90 days from the date of refusal, you will be banned for one year to enter into UK in the future.

rooney0511

Hi

Post by rooney0511 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:05 am

Try this number, you will reach someone in enforcement, they will point you in the right direction.

01142071428 (Sheffield)
01618884291 (Manchester)

again I repeat, thase are Enforcement numbers.

kashnex

Post by kashnex » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:14 am

Hi
try call capita they will make arrangement for you very quickly...... if you want their contact number ask me as I don't have it on me at the moment
all the best

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:20 pm

28 days