ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best option for the spouse of naturalised irish citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reetu012

Best option for the spouse of naturalised irish citizen

Post by reetu012 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi

I am a naturalized irish citizen and my family with me. My wife is nurse on Stamp-4 visa since 2005 i.e. 8 years she is living in Ireland. I dont want to apply for her Irish citizenship as we want to keep ones original citizenship. I know that she will get stamp4 and muti entry visa for free. We are thinking applying for her stamp5 visa (unlimited visa). If she applying for it, does she need to pay its fees like its application free, garda card fee or multi entry fee.

Or else other than applying for citizenship, what are the other best options for her like stamp-5?

Please advise

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Before I answer you question, what it is again is the reason why you dont want her to apply for citizenship?
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:03 pm

There is no specific reason for it. She is eligible to apply and will get citizenship very fast well. Though like i said we want to keep the original citizenship for her as we dont want to completely giveup our original nationality.

Kindly advise what would be best option other than applying citizenship like stamp-5 or?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:18 am

Right, your nationality requires that you give up your citizenship once acquired a different one?

And I hope she understands that she has no right of free movement expect in Ireland and her country of origin? and that she will be excluded from so many things here in Ireland?

To answer your question, I think the Stamp 5 is free of charge and everything else since she's married to an Irish national. She must continue to be renewing everything though including her Stamp 5

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:14 am

when i checked at INIS website i found below which are confusing to me

Without Condition Endorsement (Stamp 6) &

Without Condition As To Time Endorsements (Stamp 5)

Which one is applicable to my wife? Does she need to pay any fees like Application fee, Garda card fee, muti entry visa fee

Sorry if i am asking silly question, but please advise in detail if u have time

Before i got citizenship, just one month ago her visa due to be expire, so we renewed it for another two years as we want to avoid any gap in her immigration gaps, so her immigration status/ stamps valid until May'15, but as now i got citizenship i think she can get multi entry visa for this period free of cost. What we would do in this case? Should we wait to apply for her either stamp 5 or stamp 6 (which ever applicaable) before applying?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:57 am

reetu012 wrote:when i checked at INIS website i found below which are confusing to me

Without Condition Endorsement (Stamp 6) &

Without Condition As To Time Endorsements (Stamp 5)

Which one is applicable to my wife? Does she need to pay any fees like Application fee, Garda card fee, muti entry visa fee

Sorry if i am asking silly question, but please advise in detail if u have time

Before i got citizenship, just one month ago her visa due to be expire, so we renewed it for another two years as we want to avoid any gap in her immigration gaps, so her immigration status/ stamps valid until May'15, but as now i got citizenship i think she can get multi entry visa for this period free of cost. What we would do in this case? Should we wait to apply for her either stamp 5 or stamp 6 (which ever applicaable) before applying?
Yes it is silly indded as it clearly states what Stamp 6 is for and Stamp 5. If you want me to repeat, then stamp 6 is for dual Irish citizens. Stamp 5 is for immigrants that have reside in Ireland for more than 8 years. There you have it.

Your wife should apply for STAMP 5.

I dont know if you're trying to wind me up or just plain silly, I have told you that she does not has to pay any fees!.