ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 refused unmarried partner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wikii
Newly Registered

eea2 refused unmarried partner

Post by wikii » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:29 am

HI my husband applied for eea2 resident card in march .we were invited for an interview at liverpool last month .yesterday we received a refusal letter that they did not accept our religious marriage and couple have not registered marriage in uk .therefore we can not accept this marriage as it is not valid in uk .we are in relation nearly 6 months ,they said to be eligible for unmarried partner you both need to be together at least 2 years . now they have given us right of appeal .

i have 2 question now :

do we registered our marriage and appeal at the same time ?

Do we registered our marriage and apply for fresh case ?

please your apply would be a great source of help .

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: eea2 refused unmarried partner

Post by Babz » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:23 am

wikii wrote:HI my husband applied for eea2 resident card in march .we were invited for an interview at liverpool last month .yesterday we received a refusal letter that they did not accept our religious marriage and couple have not registered marriage in uk .therefore we can not accept this marriage as it is not valid in uk .we are in relation nearly 6 months ,they said to be eligible for unmarried partner you both need to be together at least 2 years . now they have given us right of appeal .

i have 2 question now :

do we registered our marriage and appeal at the same time ?

Do we registered our marriage and apply for fresh case ?

please your apply would be a great source of help .
HO is so clueless. Why did they invite you over for interview when they knew they were going to reject your application based on the stated reason?

Anyway,option 2 is the way to go...

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:37 am

Is the marriage recognised in the country in which it was solemnised .

Have you got proof of this?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sublime688

marriage?

Post by sublime688 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:32 pm

If your marriage is not recognised here, an appeal will not really be successful. Therefore you will have to do a valid marriage again here in UK. Where was your religious marriage done?
The problem you may have in doing a marriage now is getting your passport back from the Home Office.This may be possible if your appeal is on-going. You will need the passport to get married.

Obie
Ireland

Re: marriage?

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:37 pm

sublime688 wrote:If your marriage is not recognised here, an appeal will not really be successful. Therefore you will have to do a valid marriage again here in UK. Where was your religious marriage done?
The problem you may have in doing a marriage now is getting your passport back from the Home Office.This may be possible if your appeal is on-going. You will need the passport to get married.
The test is not whether it is recognised in the UK, but rather whether it is recognised in the country in which it was conducted.

UK for example dont recognise proxy marriage, but if it is recognised in the country in which it was conducted, then the UK is bound to recognise it also.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

meleryan

Post by meleryan » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:46 pm

I got married in mosque, with "islamic" marriage certificate my husband went to his Embassy and Embassy issued CIVIL marriage certificate which was accepted by Immigration.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:54 pm

So you married in a mosque in the UK?

Do you have property together? Children? Joint assets?

wikii
Newly Registered

eea2 refused

Post by wikii » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:53 pm

Thanks everyone .just want to mention that marriage has been done in uk mosque .my husband got back all his documents back from ho .what we will do ? Do we register marriage in uk and appeal on the same time .

bogboss

Re: eea2 refused

Post by bogboss » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:41 pm

wikii wrote:Thanks everyone .just want to mention that marriage has been done in uk mosque .my husband got back all his documents back from ho .what we will do ? Do we register marriage in uk and appeal on the same time .

I think you should registered your marriage in united kingdom ,meanwhile you can lodge a appeal .

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:13 pm

wikii wrote: Just want to mention that marriage has been done in uk mosque.
There are some irresponsible Mullahs in UK and dumb mosque managements who conduct marriages which are not recognised under UK law. Our local mosque will never conduct a Nikah until they see a civil marriage certificate.

Appeal will be useless as you will loose the appeal. But wait..... appeal is useless, but useful too at the same time.

Now, if your husband is in UK as an overstayer, then there is a high risk of him being getting detained by UKBA at the register office and put on plane back home.

If you appeal, the appeal will fail in the end, but will give you a lot of protection from the risk of getting detained and removed from UK.

So, the right step by step course of action in my opinion would be.

Appeal immediately while there is time to appeal.

Register civil marriage at the earliest.

As soon as your register your marriage, apply for EEA2.

Once you get acknowledgement of EEA2, withdraw the appeal, as the appeal is guaranteed to fail and pursuing it will be a waste of judicial time.

Wait for residence card.
:D

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:50 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:
There are some irresponsible Mullahs in UK and dumb mosque managements who conduct marriages which are not recognised under UK law. Our local mosque will never conduct a Nikah until they see a civil marriage certificate.

Appeal will be useless as you will loose the appeal. But wait..... appeal is useless, but useful too at the same time.

Now, if your husband is in UK as an overstayer, then there is a high risk of him being getting detained by UKBA at the register office and put on plane back home.

If you appeal, the appeal will fail in the end, but will give you a lot of protection from the risk of getting detained and removed from UK.

Once you get acknowledgement of EEA2, withdraw the appeal, as the appeal is guaranteed to fail and pursuing it will be a waste of judicial time.

Wait for residence card.
but you can appeal on the basis of expecting a unmarried partnership to be 2 years as not respecting your private life...

statistically people get married a lot sooner then 2 years after becoming a couple....

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:22 am

wikii wrote:hi i am married to eea nation since march 2010 ,i want to apply for divorced due to unavoidable issue between us . can you please advice what should i provide to get my retain right status .divorce has not started yet .

how long divorce take in uk and how much does it cost ?
how long it will take to get retain right of residence following divorce?
what document i have to provide for eligibility?

much appriciated
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:12 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:

Wait for residence card.
Wiggsy, I can see you have received good information. The route you decide will be up to you but I have quoted this as it is good advice. Pursue appeal and register marriage or get married in a registry and reapply.
Wish you the best