ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - referees

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Leo54
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - referees

Post by Leo54 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:12 pm

My partner will be eligible to apply for naturalisation in Summer 2009. We are aware that he needs two referees, one of whom must be a person of 'professional' standing, and that both must have known him for at least three years.
Does anyone have a full list of the people allowed by the Home Office in the 'professional' category?
For both referees, does anyone have details of the type of information they will be asked to provide in support of the application (over and above the basic information on the application form). Are they sent a questionnaire by the Home Office, or do they have to write a detailed letter supporting the application, or are they interviewd, etc., etc. I'm assuming it is more than their just confirming that they know the applicant.
Any details much appreciated. Thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:48 pm

Leo, exactly this same subject has come up before. For example have a look at this topic (click).

To avoid duplication I shall now close this.
John