ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Son of Irish Citizen - Passport Procedure

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DoctorBen
- thin ice -

Son of Irish Citizen - Passport Procedure

Post by DoctorBen » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Dear All, I recently got naturalized in Ireland. My wife is in Pakistan and we had a baby last week. The baby is born after i got naturalized.

As i am an Irish citizen, my son is eligible to get Irish Passport.

I need to know the process on how to process his passport application from Pakistan ?

What documents would be require ?

How long does it take to process Irish passport application ?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Go to the Irish embassy website in Pakistan and find out. Normally all it takes are your birth certificates and proof of citizenship i.e Naturalisation Cert / Irish Passport
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:37 pm

You (or any family member) needs to take your certification of naturalisation or Irish passport to the Irish embassy. Take a copy of the birth cert, showing the date of birth (after you got citizenship) and the name of the father (the exact same name as on your Irish passport, if possible). Then ask to register the child on the Register of Irish citizens born overseas. Once he is registered you use the registration document together with his birth cert to get his Irish passport.
BL